Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What do you take to the woods with you? >

What do you take to the woods with you?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What do you take to the woods with you?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you take to the woods with you?

My running shoes!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Besides the must haves I take B-mobile, GPS,my camera (6oz), lunch and water.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

eight diaphragm calls(most of them preston pittman calls, they're the best sounding calls i've ever used), slate call, box call, crow call, owl hooter,facemask, camo gloves,water bottle, extra shells, andsoon an avery fastbreak ground blind. i think thats about it, all of it crams nicely into a lightweight camo backpack.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

My vest full of everything for turkey hunting. The extras I have is firstaid kit, snake bite kit when Im away from my home state, extra boots,hats. I carry a couple blinds. one wrap around blind and one pop up blind. Plenty of water or pepsi, beef jerky. Cant forget my turkey seat or folding chair. That depends on what blind I will carry in. I also carry a camera and video camera...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Uall are Pack Mule's....LoL
Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

I want to hunt with the guy who had the snacks...LoL

My Cousin and I will take Coffee, a lot of Coffee, their is nothing like a cup of Coffee on a Spring Morrning. Oh, to be young again. I didn't have the money are the stuff was not avaiable like it is today.

We use to never carry Decoys. Calls and TP and Gun and Shells.

How many you hunters like me? Starts Breaking Day Light "Mother Nature Calls" I am like a Dog when I go hunting....I Got to Go!....[:@][:'(]

I love the Spring, Whipperwills, Hoot Owls, Service Berry, Dog Wood, Red Bud, But best of All.... Gobble....Gobble....BOOM!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 AM

of course a small sporting goods store's supply of calls, and now this year i will be hauling in the pretty boy and pretty girl, depending on the situation anyway. I'm gonna keep my 2 featherflex hens in my vest too, just in case it turns into a running day. facemask, gloves, THERMACELL (almost as important as my gun), extra shells, tp,I like to keep a camo poncho in my vest, b/c its easier to just drape myself in the poncho than have to put on a packable rainsuit. snacks, blind netting, some paracord, knife, SOG multitool and an orion cap light(green light)

the original poster asked about whats in the truck??? holy crap that would take days. but the basics are: extra clothes(especially socks) camera, gps,more turkey calls, my pop up blind, folding chair for the blind and a big comfy one for camp, more food, more shells, cooler (beer and water), tools, first aid kit and more tp and then a tent, sleeping bag and firewood if i'm staying the night.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Power Crystal and lil deuce slateswith a purple heart striker and plastic flat-tipped lil deuce striker. Slik stick, enough mouth calls to choke a whale, box call if it's windy, face paint, razor sharp knifeto cutbranches for cover, peanut butter crackers (or cheese on wheats if I'm feelin "healthy"), 5 extra 3 1/2 inch federal shells, and a can of straight skoal for walkin. If you got more than that, you'll think too long and too hard on which call to use when or other stuff, and by then, he's figured you out. My philosophy, KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 AM

seems i have everythingahunter would want,but always find my self leaving the truck with only a few calls and my gun.like to run and gun to much...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

I dropped the vest and went to a butt pack. I carry 3-5 mouth calls, 2 slates and 1-2 box calls, locator calls, anti-acid, motrin, TP(Wet wipes actually), two bottles of water, shells, leatherman, a few snacks, binocs, seat, dekes, Gerber hand saw and pruners. I also carry an orange bag (newspaper cover) for the turkey's head and 2 rubber bands. I am sure there is more, but I can't think what else.

Quick Reply: What do you take to the woods with you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.