Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ??? >

NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ???

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ???

Old 01-19-2003, 05:38 PM

Default NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ???

they just had a show,two hunters calling a turkey across a field.the bird came across walking and feeding.one caller and one hunter.they talked about "he's coming" "he's a good one". the bird walked along never gobbled or strutted.the bird came in and the hunter said "he's there" and boom the hunter took the shot. the bird was walking across the field with beard swinging.anout 7 or 8".a good beard.

the hunter and caller got up and went to the bird,he's a good one,they were excited,they had a right to be.they picked the bird up and shouldered it and walked off talking about a good one.

the only thing that neither one said anything about,It was a hen with a beard(This bird was Legal). I don't think they knew it was a hen.
I am not gigging them (MUCH) but they should have known it was a hen.they may have known it was,but they never said a word about it.

they did have a note asking if anyone saw anything different about the bird.after the fact.

did anyone else see this???

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:50 PM

Default RE: NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ???

good point! I did not know that a hen could have beard. I watch the program and enjoyed it. Is a forum on the nwtf web site about the turkey not gobbling.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:29 PM

Default RE: NWTF TV Show ??????Just Watched ???

I watched the show as well. I noticed that it was a bearded hen almost instantly, and I did think it was odd that the lucky hunters didn't even acknowledge that it was in fact, a female turkey. I see nothing wrong with harvesting hens, but I do think turkey hunters should be competent enough to sex turkeys.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!