Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I watched Tred Barta's show for the first time >

I watched Tred Barta's show for the first time

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I watched Tred Barta's show for the first time

Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I watched Tred Barta's show for the first time

i used to watch fish and hunt shows alot when i was a boy 10-12 years old, mostly fishing shows i was never really impressed by hunting shows.
i havent cared to watch one for a long long time.

i seen part of Tred Barta's show the other day for the first time ever.I dont get it. He was hog hunting and had a guy with a scoped rifle backing him up. i wasnt impressed. the show after that was less impressive andmademe sick to my stomach( maybee it was the "Sweet Lucy" Kentucky shine i was drinkin)
Old 09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I watched Tred Barta's show for the first time

I saw the hog hunt too. Geez, what a whiner he is. At the beginning hes waiting on the guide, bitching about the heat....dam dude, get back in the truck and turn on the AC.

I saw a show of his last week too....once again, not overly impressed. Hes all about the DIY type hunt and thats great. But all he does is complain.

Ill keep watching as long as I catch the show. Im ready to see him put something on the ground.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some huntingranches , require a bow hunter to be backed by a gun ,while hunting bow and arrow.
I know I had an Insurance Company in my lease that had that clause, after I saw a guy lose a testicle after being attacked by a monster 350 LBS Boar, It made sense then.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM

I watch Tred when I can, yes he is different. I feel the same way about Ted Nugent, but when you get past how different they seem to be, you can see what they are trying to say, and there is a good message there. I didn't see the hog hunt, but I have killed somewhere between fifteen and twenty with my bow. I have been charged twice, all hogs are not the same. Having said that, the one that will turn on you won't send you a letter before hand. The more they are hunted, the more of a rotten attitude they have. I have not had a guy back-up, because most of the places I hunt I don't have a guide. I would not have a problem with it though. I hunted years ago in south Florida at the Lightsee Cattle Ranch. I kill the largest boar of my life, 350lbs, I was the only bowhunter there on that hunt. I was told that the week after, and two weeks after two hunters had to be life-flighted out of the ranch with serious wounds from attacking boars. If you haven't been the focus of attention for a pissed off wild pig, consider youself lucky, it is not a place I would recommend for anyone....but I sure love to shoot and eat wild pork!