Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Sad Story

Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Sad Story

On opening day of spring turkey season I ran two guys off after I could hear their shots. Each guy shot 3 times in rapid succession. I can not imagine that they could have aimed at the toms only. I was unable to check the property everyday though. I found a blind a week later with a lot of used shells on the ground. It was not there when I ran them off the week before. They must have been shooting hens because out of a flock of 13-17 birds I've only see 3 in the months since.

Not to mention that they do not even have permission to hunt on this private property! Recently I've posted no hunting/trespassing signs all around the property at the request of the landowner. Is there anything else I can do?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sad Story

Call the law.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Call the law.
Ditto or a DEC officer.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man were do you live??? You would think somebody would see these yahoos shooting all these shells and killing all these turkeys...
Old 09-20-2007, 08:01 AM

I live in central Oklahoma. This is on private land so there is not a lot of traffic that goes by. The land owner doesn’t go out there much, I guess just to check on cattle or plow.

I just want to make sure that there would be something to get them on. I worry these yahoos will be out there this deer season. With the no trespassing signs posted I could get them on that alone right?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mutantcoil

I live in central Oklahoma. This is on private land so there is not a lot of traffic that goes by. The land owner doesn’t go out there much, I guess just to check on cattle or plow.

I just want to make sure that there would be something to get them on. I worry these yahoos will be out there this deer season. With the no trespassing signs posted I could get them on that alone right?
Depends on what Oklahomas trespassing laws are. Find out & post it accordingly. Best of luck.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure what OK trespassing laws are but Missouri has the purple paint law. Any Land posted with a certain color of purple paint is considered felony trespassing if caught.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Call the DNR and report them as poachers.