Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

crazy season

Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default crazy season

This has been one crazy season. I have turkeys here at home they are my pets. Oh there part of the family like any dog or cat. Sunday I hear one of my hens making an awful noise. I go to check on her and there is one of my Toms just trying to go at it with her. Shes in the breeding position and hes on top of her. Well unfortunately he really did some damage to her and she ended up dying. That a bummer. I just cant understand what has been up this year. In the past this has never taken place. But I guess since her eggs were bad this year, she was bound and determined to have some poults. But that got the best of her. Ivestill been seeing toms strutting as of late. Anyone got any suggestions as to why?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crazy season

sorry to hear about your hen.... thats so sad.....
Old 07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arrow they will strut all year but usually not with the intention of breeding especially when we're past breeding season!Anytime they get excited or aggrevated they may break out into full strut.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks huntnma. Yeah I know they break out into strut through out the year. I just couldnt believe he was breeding her again. But then again my Toms will go 40lbs easy. Their big fat butterballs...