Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Great hunt, sad ending.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Great hunt, sad ending.

I take no offense in any posts, they are exactly right.

To Mr. Longbeard- I did indeed go back over to the swamp and I couldn't see him anymore. I don't know if he sank or if the winds carried him behind some nasty downfalls. I wouldn't think a fresh kill would sink so fast but, who knows.

Thanks to everyone on here though that has helped me by posting knowledgable information on turkey hunting. I am now addicted and with another upside to my story. I called him, and I called him right.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great hunt, sad ending.

It was awesome your daughter got to experiece an amazing show on her first ever hunt. That is cute she tried helping you call in the turkey......I bet if the turkey would have spooked, you wouldn't have been too mad and it would have made the story even more memorable. Yes I agree, I turkey hunting, the unexpected always seems to happen...but as you already know, it is too bad for the bird.