Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

bored of turkey hunting

Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Default bored of turkey hunting

does anyone else get bored while turkey hunting
Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM

Default RE: bored of turkey hunting

dont think many of us die hard turkey hunters get "bored" while turkey hunting. but i could be wrong here, i know i sure dont.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:24 PM

i dont really get bored, i just get tired. but thats all part of the game, you got to wait and be patient to get the prize
Old 04-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really don't understand how a turkey hunter could get " bored " when he or she are hunting one of most challening game in thewoods.
Weather your runing and guning or using a ground blind , your always alert playing with your calls , looking around for Mr. boss Tom to come in close for a shot.
Even when things seem to slow down , there's time to scout around if you want and set up somewhere else , you might find some morel's if you look hard enough.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

never bored...im a run and gunner...if the birds quit talkin im runnin to find one that will talk. i dont care for sitting and waiting...might kill more birds...but silent birds are no fun to kill. im in it for the show. killing a bird is icing on the cake...but the more and more i chase birds the more and more i trophy hunt and challenge myself to taking the king of the spring woods...the biggest, most dominate boss tom i can find. the last 2 seasons i tangled with big ole boss toms...both chances i had to kill both birds i let go. watched and enjoyed the show they put on...boy what shows they were...by the time i decided it was time for the show to end nature took its course..once a jake came running in and busted me after a 2 minute eye to eye stare down(no joke...he brushed my pant leg) and another a herd of cows chased him out of the pasture i called him into after atleast an hour....

successful hunts?? you betcha!! most exciting hunts and i didnt even pull a trigger...
Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

never
Old 04-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how you could get bored turkey hunting. Even when the turkeys aren't moving much there is other wildlife to watch and enjoy just being outside. Especialally after working 40 hours being cooped up inside.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

sometimes, i get tired and i want to fall asleep, but never bored....
Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

A little nap now and again but it always amazes me how fast the time flies even when there is no action. I guess that means I am never bored.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

NO

Quick Reply: bored of turkey hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.