Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Story!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Story!!!

Today in New york state itis the youth season opener well i heaed out with my girlfriend father and his sonwho was hunting and we had birds gobblin right as we got in there...about 4 or 5 birds...then aswere workin the birds twocoyotes show up...they walked up to us3 at about 10 feet away...and stared at us they wouldnt leave...my girlfriends father was trying to shoo them away...we threw sticks at them and even stood up...as we stood up the big male jumped back a few feet and then as soon as we sit down he starts comin right in at us...we didnt want to shoot them because we were still workin the birds and they were gobbling...finally he picks his head looks down the field and takes off...couldnt believe those coyotes at no fear of us at all...unfortunately the bird didnt want to cooperate for a shot...it stayed just behind the brush and was unable to get a shot...one more little story of the day...pulled down a dirt road to head to a new spotand a baby beaver was in the middle of the road he walked right up under the truck then came to the side of the window and looked right up at me and then kept on walkin by...

well it was an interesting day even though we didnt get a bird...and that was the first day of youth season...cant wait for may 1st when its my time!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Story!!!

Thats wierd man! Cool story though. I just love being in the woods, you never know what is gonna happen. A couple years back, we spotted a coyote and figured our hunt was over. Next thing we knew, 6 jakes were chasing that coyote off!! Pretty cool!