Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Decoys

Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Decoys

Just had to share a post I made on another forum on what I've done to Pretty Boy decoy. I got the decoy for X-mas andcan't wait to try it out this yearany gobbler that plays hard to get.Anyone else have any modifications they do to their decoys they like to share?

Here are the before and after photos of Pretty Boys “beard enlargement” surgery that took place 30 minutes ago. First will be the before photo followed by a few after photos. Dr. MK-M-GOBL's press release given just movements ago on Pretty Boys condition, “He’s doing just fine and is getting plenty of bed rest right now. He’s expected to recover to 100% strength within a few days, long before his first official appearance in WV this month”. Dr.MK-M-GOBL also went on to say, “These beard enhancement products developed by a Mr.XXXXis available in a variety size to meet the needs of your decoys. Doesn’t matter if you have Pretty Boy, B-Mobil and other name brand decoy! This adjustable beard will not just change your decoys appearance but it’s sure to make some enemies in the field”.

LOL I had to have some fun while posting these photos up here. I thought he turned out pretty good and now I really can’t wait to run into a gobbler that’s giving me a hard time. My brother is taking his video camera to WV so maybe well have some good footage to share if he doesn’t record over it!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: Decoys

That turned out great! What did you do to hold the beard you inserted in place?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

I wrapped the synthetic beard in Suran Wrap and pulled it out from the inside if the decoy. Remove the Suran Wrap and there you go! The hole from the old molded decoy beard is tight enough that it holds it in place and I even can pull thebeard from the inside and shorted upif I were add a Jake fan (drying in my basement) on the decoy.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:01 PM

Thats a cool little custom job there MK-M-GOBL. If and when I get B-Mobile I'll know what to do with the beards I have saved over the years.