Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT" >

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Default RE: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Woo Hoo!! Score again for team Thunderstrut! I took my forst of the year this morning at 6:12. Really short hunt, I heard three birds gobbling all near one another, but they were about 200 yards from where I expected them to be. So I started slipping up closer to them to set up, and as I went further I kept bumping hens off the roost, in total I bumped 5 hens off the roost, and figured the hunt for those gobblers was over, but decided since I had climbed up to them, Id sit down and call a little. I sat down and tree yelped, nothing, tree yelped again a little louder, nothing. I decided to try a gobble, and had a bird cut me off immediately from about 75-80 yards out. I turned to face the direction he was in, and ogt my gun on my knee, and within a few seconds there he was sneaking in . I was amazed he was even on the ground that early, but he came in on a string, keeping brush between us, and down in a small dip, he popped up in the open at 24 steps, and gave me a clear shot at his head. I almost didnt shoot him, I didnt want the first week to end so soon, but decided Id better take him. He weighed 23 1/4 lbs, had a 10 inch beard, and had 1 1/16 inch spurs. Good luck guys.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice work
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

great job, Angus.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Way to go Shaun. I can't wait to get out tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 AM

Heading out, wish me luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Ultr and Angus......congrats to you both.....!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome work guys, this thread should really heat up soon with all the seasons opening, I'll be out there in 1 1/2 weeks.

I just put in an order for a gift basket for my landowners, I'm gonna blow 115$ on them, not nessesary because they are friends of 18yrs, but I want them to know that I appreciate the hospitality, and every time I sleep a weekend there I save that much on a hotel (plus I'll eat 1/2 of it on the weekend anyways ).

Does anyone have a handle on how many of us have actually checked in and are active? It would be a shame to lose by a few points to a full team of hunters when we are short a few guns.

Good luck Mo_Bow and everyone else!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

way to go Angus and good luck Mo bowhunter I will be back at it this weekend in Idaho
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Well,, MO Bowhunter,, how'd it go today? Tell us a story.. Did anyone have any luck today? I took my nephew, but the only bird we got on at daylight was very call shy, and shut up on us, there were several gobbling and answering across the fence on the neighbors place though, but none came over.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Very slow...no gobbling on the roost. Finally had a bird going at 9:30 but he was a ways off. After we closed the distance by quite aways, he shut up and we never found him. Hopefully Thursday will bring better luck.

Quick Reply: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.