Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT" >

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Tomorrow at this time, I'll be preparing to head out for opening day! I can't wait.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck, Dixon.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Arjuna. Getting to sleep tonight will be hard, as I'm already itching to go. I've paced my office, talked sweet to my 835, laid out my vest, gearand calls. Now it's just making it to 4:00 AM with a couple of hours worth of sleep and I'll be good to go.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thankyou Dixon.....make sure your safe out there Bud......goodluck to everyone going out there tomorrow!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Dixon, I'm going out in the morning, too. My 72 year old hunting buddy is meeting me at the river at 5:15. He just got a B-mobile. I already made a fan for it from my bird last Thursday. Good luck and God bless.

The same goes for any more Team 2 Thunderstrutters!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, I just saw the re-read on scores. We're in second right behind team number 1.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks to all and good luck to everybody that's going out! May God bless all of you today!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, but only a few of us are hunting at the momment another week or 2 you'll see the scores changing Fast!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

I thought it was good. I meant that as a word of encouragement. Yes, I know that we will go up. Our season is winding down. Only 2 weeks left.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:18 PM

I'm almost embarrassed to say I missed a great dominate gobbler on the 2nd day of the Kansas season. We hunted in the afternoon in an area we saw a strutter, but couldn't get to in the morning. We were working three birds on one side of the field, I positioned my father in-law between me and the birds. He's never turkey hunted before. Unfortunately, after 30 minutes or so, we couldn't pull them over.

Meanwhile, I heard a gobble behind me. I turned around and slid down the birm I was sitting on to some trees. I was able to pick out the tom about 200 yds away across a creek in full strut. He started answering my calls and before too long he crossed the creek. Slam dunk I thought as soon as he saw my decoy, but he had three hens with him and another gobbler later appeared.

He answered every call, but wouldn’t come over, just kept at the end of the field. He started to come, but a hen started putting, she eventually came within 10 feet of me. I froze and she went back. He finally moved off, and I thought I’d circle around and cut the distance. Right when I packed the calls and put an arm down to stand up, I turned and saw a hen 15 feet from me, next to my decoy, between my father in-law and me. She eventually went to the field so I got more aggressive with the calls. Never leaving full strut, I saw him through the trees and he started to come down. Took the shot at 25 yards, MISS. Off he went. Funny thing was, my father in-law couldn't see a thing, could only listen.

Went to range today, found out scope was 1 ½ ft. low at 25. Learned my lesson to sight in.

I’ll get him soon! The whole episode was 1 ½ hours of me calling, him strutting and gobbling. He must have gobbled 150-200 times. It was amazing. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.