Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT" >

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

I will work on my avatar.I will also be packing this weekend for a 10 day hunt to start the season.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have about three weeks til our season starts and I cannot wait.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:11 PM

Hey guys, thats a nice looking avatar. Im going to try to get some gobblers on video in the morning, if everything work out right. Good luck this weekend guys.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again Ryan. nice job. I like that avatar, makes seeing all my team mates easier, since none of 'em are wearing blaze orange![8D]
Good luck guys. I'm packed already, even though I'm not leaving for another 33 hours, or so!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Good luck on your hunt Howler. Bring us back some pics of a nice strutter.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:47 AM

Hey guys, I went out to listen this morning and took the video camera, I heard birds gobbling around one of my food plots, and set up there. A little before 7 they flew down and started to gather up, then came into the plot and I videoed 5 strutting longbeards putting on quite a show for 10 or 11 hens. They were all within about 25 yards of me and stayed around me for over an hour. Bad thing is I ran out of tape about 5 minutes into the show, so I only watched most of it, but did get the best sights on tape, when they first came in they strutted in the plot in the open at 25 yards, then right s I ran out of tape, theymoves down to the end of the plot, and stayed at about 60 yards in the woods around the plot, I could watch them fine, but the camera wasnt focusung on them very well because of brush. It was a great sight and awesome to have 5 strutters all in the screen at 25 yards at one time. I wish there was a way to post the video. Good luck guys.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all thunderstrutters out their, its almost here for me in WI, I travel where I work and made a little out of the way pass by the farm I hunt since I was in the area and their was 4 toms strutting in the field I could seefrom the road and probably about a dozen hens, I didnt want to drive in and b.s. with the landowner since I was on company time but couldnt see the 3 other fields behind the farm so I am very optimistic, last year my brother and I had 9 toms and 4 jakes in one of the fields all at one time it was awesome, needless to say my hunt didnt last very long but was fun, 2 more weeks and I get to do it again, then its black hills merrium time...Good luck to all..
I am going down to look and listen this weekend, more listening than looking, been hunting the same farm for 8 years pretty well got-em patterned, but ya never know what has happened since last spring..It looks good though, bowhunting this last fall down their I seen a group of 8 toms and a different group of 4 so should be plenty of birds..Hopefully 1 more for team thunderstrut
Old 03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, I'm glad to see the avatar and some folks that look like they will get some action soon. I plan on going out again Saturday.

I still have until April 30 to hunt...so that's another month.

On another note, yesterday, my dad got diagnosed with colon cancer. They caught it early and looks like he can beat it. We're close. I am a little anxious, but have faith that God still works miracles through doctors, nurses, and medicine, if not supernatually. Anyway, that's deflated my turkey ambitions a little bit, as I am going to be spending a lot of time with my folks at the hospital and through his treatments.I wouldn't normally say this, but I guess there are a few things more important that even turkey hunting. I've often said that I love God, my family, and turkey hunting. I hope the order stays that way.

Either way, I'll still try to connect by the end of next month. It can still happen.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finding cancer in the early stages is half the battle. He'll need your support, because it is hell that people go through with the chemo treatments and endless shots, etc. I hope the best for him. I'd keep your perogatives just like ya got 'em, you can hunt turkeys for many years to come, but we only got two parents and when they're gone, they're gone!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

thanks matt

Quick Reply: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.