Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Browning BPS

Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Browning BPS

Anyone hear anything good/bad about Brownings BPS turkey in Mossy Oak New Break-up. I am a lefty and all my guns have underside ejection so this is a plus for me..any HELP???
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning BPS

i have a BPS gold and it is a great gun so i would think they would be made the same just different stocks
Old 03-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best pump gun made today. Mine gives excellent patterns. Wouldn't trade it for any other shotgun.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:36 PM

I like mine, .680 tube and #4 shot,deadly...[/align]Go with the cantalever scope barrel[/align]
Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 AM

I just got one this past December...haven't used it for turkeys yet (going to initiate it soon ) but I used it to chase bunnies all winter. It is a joy to shoot, GREAT patterns, so smooth. My only "complaint", if youeven want to call it that, is that it is a little heavier than some of the other comparable models. But, that only helps it absorb recoil all the more (which it does an excellent job of for a pump), and since I'm using it as an all-purpose gun, it also helps in not getting "whippy" when swinging around on a running rabbit or a duck.

When I first showed it to everyone, inevitably the first reaction was "ooooohhhhh". A great gun in my opinion, SO glad my father-in-law talked me into getting a Browning.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Browning BPS topped with a Bushnel Halo Scope and fitted with a turkey choke and sling. I use it solely as my turkey gun and I love it. It has never failed me and has downed dead every turkey that I have shot with it (8-10), close enough. except one and that one was not the guns fault. Of course this Tom was one the the biggest that I have ever seen and was only 12 ft away when I pulled the trigger. He should have died but for a small tree, about 3 inches wide, just off the end of my barrel, that I failed to see, that took the full load of shot. I was so shocked that he didn't fall over that I never thought to pump in a second shell and shot again. Any way I don't think you will go wrong by purchasing a Browning BPS.