Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning BAR? >

Browning BAR?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning BAR?

Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Default Browning BAR?

I moved to TN last year, and I was looking to get into Deer and possibly some wild hog & boar hunting. I've been looking at the Browning BAR, in .308- especially for follow up shots with hogs. Anyone out there using this gun or has used it in the past? If so, what do you think? Thanks!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Browning BAR?

I have not shot the BAR shorttrack, and I really don't care for the styling of it, but the pre shorttrack BAR's are the bomb. The BAR mark II Safari grade are some of the absolute best semi-auto guns made.

If that is what you are looking at, I would not hesitate for a hiccup.

God Bless

MET

Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I moved to TN last year, and I was looking to get into Deer and possibly some wild hog & boar hunting. I've been looking at the Browning BAR, in .308- especially for follow up shots with hogs. Anyone out there using this gun or has used it in the past? If so, what do you think? Thanks

Ideal gun for that application. Best part of a BAR is that quick follow up shot
Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 PM

I got a safari II in .270 and love it, very reliable, you want be disapointed!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to be a fly in the ointment-But. I have owned a half dozen of them through the years. I never could get one to shoot an acceptable group. To me acceptable hunting accuracy is 2 inches at 100 yards from the bench. I also had some functioning problems with a couple of them.

If a fast follow up shot is what you are after-I would definitely go with a pump or lever action. I would avoid the semi's. But that is just my opinion. Tom.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

have one in .270 was well, shoots amazing.

Consider a .30-06 perhaps would be my only suggestion?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I have the -06 and the last spike horn fell dead @ 70 yards in an all out run to the smooth shooting BAR!
Go for it!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had 4 of them (1) 30-06 (3) 7mm Rem mags My brother has a 7 Rem mag and my best friend has (2) 7 Rem mags one all Belgian made and a newer model Safari. Not one has managed to malfunction and all deliver outstanding accuracy comparable to and one with a boss better then a lot of bolt action rifles. Needless to say all 3 of us keep our guns clean and in proper maintenance. I am the only one that has traded away or sold his BARs since I prefer lighter rifles for deer and the occasional trip out west. Now if I could find a lightweight stalker in 300 WSM or 7 WSM I might get rid of everything I own and use that exclusively.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1
WHY?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I Have a BAR in 270 thats made in Belguim that has never been shot I dunno what its worth but its a sweetheart of a gun. I know its sacrilege to have a gun and not ever use it but that thing is too pretty to hunt with..lol.

Quick Reply: Browning BAR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.