Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting Locations

Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Hunting Locations

To anyone in upstate South Carolina. I'm really trying to find some or a good place to turkey hunt this year. I have one place already that I have know idea how good it will be. lol. But I have seen turkey there from time to time so maybe it will be alright. But if anyone knows of some places let me know. I live in Pickens County. Just wondering because I'm new to turkey hunting so I don't know the good spots yet. Hopfully the one I'm hunting will be good. Thanks alot and good luck to the upcoming season!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Locations

KillerBee17,
I am not from South Carolina, but only 2 states away(Virginia) and wanted to say "Welcome Aboard!" I read your other post and figured I would answer in this one. First, I also use a Remington 870 and absolutely love it. Just remember to pattern it before the season gets here! I don't know what size shot you were for using for squirrels, but for turkey I would go for #4, #5, or #6. Don't be afraid to use as many different brands as you can. Use whichever patterns best in your gun, as each gun will shot differently! What I mean is your Rem. 870 and my Rem. 870 may be set-up exactly the same yet shoot totally different. As far as the ground blind issue, I think it is an excellent choice, especially for a beginner. That way you can see what works and what doesn't without the worry of that pesky thing called movement!
This forum is a great place to learn valuable information for some great people, so don't be afraid to ask! And if you get any negative responses just remember it is from the small minority not the majority! GOOD LUCK and SAFE HUNTING!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Locations

KillerBee17,
Also, one of the best ways to get info in a hurry is to use the search feature. Just type in some keywords and a wealth of knowledge is at your fingertips. Just remember "there is no dumb questions!"