Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New on the block!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Default New on the block!

Hey guys, just wanted to say I think Huntingnet.com is awsome, and I look forward to sharing and learning alot form ya'll. I'm a fairly new hunter and I'm sure I will learn alot from all of you. And if I can ever help anyone let me know. I'll do all I can. Oh yeah, if you wonder about my name, (KillerBee17). I love racing, and this is a handle name for an online racing league I race in. (Kenseth is my favorite, guess you could figure that out.) This will be my first year ever turkey hunting and I just wonder if maybe ya'll would mind maybe posting some tips on calling, scouting, and what knot. Wondering too, is it a good idea to hunt out of a ground blind? Also I just bought a Remington 870 12 guage turkey express camo shotgun. Just wondered about some of your thoughts on that gun. Everyone so far has said it is a great gun. I've shot it several times, and I love it. Matter of fact I'm squirrel hunting tomorrow with it! If I get a chance after work! Once again, love the site and I really look forward to sharing hunting with all of you!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New on the block!

Welcome, this is my second year and I have yet to get a spring gobbler. The blind will definiely help and conceal any movements to make it easier,but sitting under a tree and calling em in will give you more satisfaction since it is harder. Good luck to ya!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the site and to the world of turkey hunting , your gonna love it .
As for tips on calling , scouting and everything that goes with it , just click on every post in the forum and read on.
Every body here will guide you in the right direction wheather your using a shotgun or a bow , will give you all the information you need.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Hey welcome man, I know the 870's are a reliable gun that forsure, Im more of a beretta guy AS far as questions about turkey hunting, you can PM(private message me) and i will help you as best possible. Ground blind are a good way to hunt turkeys, I never use them when shotgun hunting just when bowhunting. and again WELCOME!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Unless u r bowhunting spring turks, don't pin yourself down with a blind. Movement on birds is a part of spring turkey hunting. I think u will enjoy it more with freedom of movement. Otherwise, read & watch all you can. Take videos with a grain of salt, as they only show the kills. Also pic the brains of those on here for there are great turkey hunters on this board,as well as those you know of that turkey hunt. Most all turkey hunters gladly share tips & advise and in some cases honey holes as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Spend some time and just read all you can on this forum. Go back on all the pages below and just read.

There is a wealth of information here form some very good turkey hunters! On setting up guns, which shot they use, tactics and calls they use and on and on.

JW
Old 02-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the site!

I am sure you will learn a lot and we will probably learn some stuff from you on the way, too. As been previously stated, just read every post you can...and when you are done reading them, re-read them to make sure it sticks. There is a wealth of information here! Once again...welcome!