Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Block

Old 06-05-2003, 03:42 PM

Default The Block

I was wondering who has them and how do they stop arrows with field points at 20yds. at 290+ fps.?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:26 PM

Default RE: The Block

I don' t have the block but I can recommend to STAY away from the black hole, (which is similar). I bought the black hole last year, after 2 months of shooting I was getting pass throughs up to the fletchings. I really didn' t shoot that much, I used mainly field points and it was still starting to soften up a lot. When I started using broadheads, it started tearing layers after layers apart. I was shooting a really old bear that was set a 60lbs. (not a fast bow at all). I don' t know if anyone else had similar problems but I personally won' t buy another one. Hope the block is better.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:30 PM

I have the Block and it works great. Takes a pounding and its easy to remove arrows. Money well spent.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Thye block will work great on with field points but broadheads eat it up pretty quick. One tip, don' t shoot at one spot all the time or you will wear it out in no time.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve had mine for 4 years and it' s still going strong,
though my arrow speed is only 250 fps[:' (]. I
definitely would recommend it , though as
mentioned before, BH' s eat it up pretty quick.
I' ve got the small Block, so I can throw it in the
back of my Jeep during the season...a few shots
here and there help make sure everything on my
bow is A-OK.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

never used it but since nobody else answered your other question, I think I' ve seen them at basspro shops. If you don' t have a local I think they' ll have it online www.basspro.com
Old 06-05-2003, 09:46 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have one and shoot around that 290 mark and the block stops them. They will penetrate about six to eight inches. The broadheads will cut them up but if you twist the shaft as you pull it out it really cuts down on the wear with broadheads. You can feel the shaft wanting to turn as you pull it, just let it rotate.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:48 AM

i have a block and it works great i use more than i use my mckenzie deer (3d) target just because it take a beating! i' ve had it three years and i shoot a good bit and have yet to get a pass thru!

Old 06-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got myself the BLOCK and for some reason it just isn' t stopping my arrows--AT ALL--i' m getting passthru shots with my field points unless i shoot the outside edges of the target.My buddy has a block too but his is pink in color and seems to be made of a different material--his does a much better job--his stops arrows with about 6 or 7 inches of penetration.The only thing i can think of is that maybe mine got moisture in it?Whatever the reason i know i don' t like the results--passthru shots at 30+ yards shooting field tips?--AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:53 AM

Jasker, your bands most be way to loose. If you have a banding kit you can compress it and reband it and it will stop the arrows. but like everyone else I only got about 300 broadhead shots in mine and the layers were cut up bad. Only took my buddy and me a couple of days to render it useless with the broadheads, but we were ready for the season opener.

Quick Reply: The Block

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.