Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ground blind question?

Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blind question?

Like many, I always prided myself on blending in with my camo to the surroundings but, the last few yearsI have had my share of birds that sneak in from behindwithout making a sound. Then whilereaching for my frictionor box call that is laying on the ground, BAM!!, I get busted with a PUTT frombehind!![:@]
Been seriously thinking of some kind of lightweight blind that you can set-up quick and be well hidden to avoid those rascals that sneak in quietly from behind you!!
[:-]
Old 01-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

rios

Very nice pics bullmoose! I definitely wouldn't shoot a shotgun throught the mesh. That would screw up your pattern really badly.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

Like many, I always prided myself on blending in with my camo to the surroundings but, the last few yearsI have had my share of birds that sneak in from behindwithout making a sound. Then whilereaching for my frictionor box call that is laying on the ground, BAM!!, I get busted with a PUTT frombehind!![:@]
Been seriously thinking of some kind of lightweight blind that you can set-up quick and be well hidden to avoid those rascals that sneak in quietly from behind you!!
[:-]
Well I can tell you Paul you don't need a Blind, you need to reach for your gun instead of a call , that kills them sneaking in gobblers

Man its sounds like excitement got you there
Old 01-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bull is right on the money here.It does cause extensive melting and can tear your blind itself especially if your blind of which many are,are polyester.We do many hunts out of ameristeps G-20 and Penthouse blinds from hogs to turkeys throughout the year and really likem.As far as shootin a scatter gun through the mesh I'm a little confused here as to why you would want to when its uneccassary.Most of these blinds have whats called a blackout background so the birds/animals cannot see into the blind even with movement.If they are seeing you,you are to close to the window.One other thing worse than the melting/tearing, shootin a shotgun through the mesh,you had better be wearin some good hearing protection cause that close inside, closed in,its hecka loud.....BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!![:'(]
Old 01-12-2007, 02:52 PM

I don't use the mesh for turkeys and rarely for deer but if you want to shoot a gun and use the mesh just cut an X in the mesh and stick the barrel through it...