Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ground blind question?

Old 01-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default ground blind question?

I purchased a new blind that advertises the shoot thru mesh windows. Has anybody shot an arrow thru this stuff if so any deflection, obviously it stands to reason expandables are not a good choice but I don't shoot them anyway. Well asking has anybody ever shot thru one w/ a shotgun I can't imagine it changes pattern but just asking.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Default RE: ground blind question?

I just wouldn't, it just aint right
Old 01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt shoot a shot gun through it!!!!!! If you are turkey hunting take the mesh out if you can. Turkeys dont care...
Old 01-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot a LOT through Double Bull mesh with numerous different b-heads. In fact, we had a fairly extensive test and actually hung the shoot through mesh over our tuning frame and shot several different brands of b-heads through mesh up to 30 and 40 yards. Following and totally agreeing with Double Bulls suggestions, we found that the Rocket mech b-heads with straight blade tips shot the best. For this reason, I insist on shooting Rocket Slammerhead 90's (1 3/4" cut) and Rocket Steelheads (1 1/4" cut)for my Gobbler hunting when forced to shoot through window mesh. For instances that the windows are open I then use a slightly larger cutting head that features the L-type blade tips like the 2" Rocket Hammerhead. It's been my experience that there simply is NOT a better choice for a Turkey b-head than a large cutting mech b-head.

Slammerhead 90

Hammerhead 100

Regarding shotguns through the mesh, don't worry about it at all. I hosted a few diffenent hunters last year from my Double Bull Matrix and they took 4 different longbeards from my blind with 12 gauges..... without lifting or rolling up the netting. I would personally not advise it though,simply because the shotgun blast melts and tearsaway about a softball sized hole in the mesh! It neveraltered the shot one bit because all Gobblers were stoned in their tracks! LOL! I would still prefer to use the mesh in all case however. It just minimizes the chance of a silent bird sneaking in and busting you. Even the slightest bit of movement when the suns angle is wrong through a window can spook the wariest of Tom. I'll take every advantage I can get and it simlpy allows a hunter to move around comfortably. Good luck and good huntin this Spring.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive shot arrows at a block target thru mesh, seems to shoot 3 inches low for me. id try it out before hunting and if you're happy, go ahead with it

Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres some pics we filmed last year no mesh in Missouri.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

osceola

Old 01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

rios

Old 01-07-2007, 07:42 AM

Hey Bullmoose, good to see you are still going to be around for this season. Lets get together this spring, I hope that we can get together this time.
Are those shots through the mesh, or are they with the DB's windows open?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

Hey Bullmoose, good to see you are still going to be around for this season. Lets get together this spring, I hope that we can get together this time.
Are those shots through the mesh, or are they with the DB's windows open?
the shots are without the mesh

Quick Reply: ground blind question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.