Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Any good news in Wisconsin? >

Any good news in Wisconsin?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any good news in Wisconsin?

Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any good news in Wisconsin?

Just got back from Wisconsin Dells. Friday was exciting,had a gobbler and six hens at 75yds. He strutted for 1/2 hr like Yul Brenner in the King and I. But I did't have a shot! Sat morning deadly silence no gobbling and no birds same spot. Alot of gobbling on Sunday, but I only saw one hen.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:46 PM

Friday I hooked up with a buddy that had permission to hunt a couple of properties. We hunted public land in the morning and scouted @ 8:00. The last place we went to had six toms strutting in the middle of an 80 acre field adjacent to where we could hunt. We snuck in and called with no luck, they were staying with there hens. Next morning we set up close to the field edge. I've never heard so many different toms before!!! There had to be 15-20 within earshot. The hens flew down right in front of us, some passing as close as 10 yds., but the two toms that were roosting behind us sat back and gobbled. One by one single hens would yelp and work back to the toms. After 20 min. or so, I heard some coming back to the field, and when I turned around to look, I saw a blue and red head coming. Well, we brought our guns up (sitting side by side) and didn't know that the other tom was right behind us, along with three hens to our side. After the first putt I knew we were done. The weird thing is the hens still came through, one got to within 10 ft. of us. The toms circled and came out about two hundred yards and joined two other toms and the remaining hens and paraded down the field. It was still fun though. I would have been more dissapointed if I hadn't nailed one the last day of the third season in 21. I'm definately looking forward to next year!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:57 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Not from me and I hunted a bit both 5th and 6th seasons......though I did spend a bit if 5th season in the hospital due to a deadfall..........got sorta busted up...so 6th season though a struggle was not much fun....

But I am done......2 years in a row late season weather in "Wisconsin" was horrible!

JW
Old 05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

We went three for four on birds during our week six hunt. My dad shot a jake. My brother and I both tagged nice toms.