Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Any good news in Wisconsin? >

Any good news in Wisconsin?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any good news in Wisconsin?

Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any good news in Wisconsin?

I'm going out for 6th season in zone 18. Anyone have any luck there?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any good news in Wisconsin?

Checked with a freind in my area and he said last weekends cold shut them up but the warmer drier weekend expected should improve the weekend.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got out weeks 3 and 5. NOTHING BUT RAIN. Sucked. Another season with no birds because of bad weather. When will WI learn that we can have more then 5 days on a permit.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out season 4 and 5 and had very good luck. The birds in my area were vocal until about 10:00. I shot two birds and called in another for my little cousin. My 5th season bird was 23lbs with 3 beards. Can't complain here.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:16 PM

got mine last week opening day for 5th. hunting only wed morn this week
Old 05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping this weekend brings me my first gobbler!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

I got one 3rd season 23 pounds 10 inch beard.
My brother got his 4th season 24 pounds 10.5 inch beard.
The 5th season was bad this year where I hunted, and my oldest son didn't get his. They just wouldn't cooperate.
We will see this week what they do. My youngest son has his and I also have a extra tag, maybe we can get a double? That would be kind of nice.
Unfortunately I also managed to get poison ivy while being out there which kind of sucks! I have had it before so I caught it with only 5-6 spots and got calamine lotion on them right away.
Hope everyone has a good and safe season.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:47 AM

Strike 3 I'm out; week 4 zone 23 so busy @ work a (bicycle shop) ! not one day out in the field. 1st time on private property.Packing & prepping for Minnesota zone 349 Sunday-Thursday & WI zone 3 week 5 one day of overlap but for a 10.00 tag & 100 miles back over the river!
The boss is on vacation till Sunday, the last day of week 5...

Minnesota was good hunting but somerookies set up 200 yards from my double bull & tried to stalk field turkeys @ AM they could not stand it anymore. We had a bird fly down @ 5:30 and pace back/forth@ 200 yards. I had a bird gobble over 100 times before someone shut him up w/a load of lead!Bad weather also; hail, rain 3" one night, then the cold front from hell. 11 days of rain in WI w/30 mph winds all day Wednesday -Friday
I sat from 4:30 am till 3:30 pm onSunday the last day not oneturkey sound 2 days in a row. I had also bumped the only bird I saw;same place,same time PM in the middle of a sand dune. After further looking there were tracks every ware out there, this dune is400 yards long by 100 yards wide. Why there?100 yards from my car...

Oh' well workin' on next season...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what my friend in zone 18 said season 4 was a washout but they were slaying them before that. Weather improving this weekend and I'm hopeful. I should be able to get out for the last hour today and then hopefully locate the roost tonite. There is a wolf around I hope we don't cross paths
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM

I went out in 18 (north part of the zone in Adams) today.... not good at all. No tracks(new or old), no gobbles, and a lot of spots that held good amounts of turkeys before clearcut. I did bump one hen in the morning and almost hit one with the truck, but other than that [:'(]. I'm hooking up with a friend tomorrow and heading further south. Hopefully the wind dies down and the birds show up, I have two tags and my buddy has one. Good luck everyone!!

Quick Reply: Any good news in Wisconsin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.