Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey's in NY...

Old 04-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey's in NY...

I must say that I have seen a 100% increase in the amount of turkey's i have seen in NY in the past two days. In this timeframe, I think I've seen 3 redheads, and easily 30-40 hens. What's wierd is, most the hens were solo, yesterday alone I witnessed 5 different hens walking around alone on my College Campus...could be a good sign come monday

Anyone else in NY seeing birds?

Ps, I havnt heard a gobble yet!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Turkey's in NY...

I have been seeing turkeys all over the place, and they are gobbling their heads off at everything...cutting, yelping, car horns, dumps trucks.

CANT WAIT FOR MONDAY
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Well thats good to hear!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea I've been seeing a lot of turkeys, this past weekend I was up in delhi for an archery shoot and the guys who owned the place's nephew got a nice tom for the youth hunt. sadly I will have to be in school for the monday opener, and even worse I cant go out sat the 6th because I have SAT's
Old 04-25-2006, 04:31 PM

yea i know how you feel deerslayer, i have AP tests until the 10th, so that pretty much cuts my season in half. oh well. thats good to hear that there is alot of birds this year. i live down on Long Island and seeing a turkey is like seeing bigfoot. hopefully my dad and i can connect with a tom this season though. any of you guys hunt state land upstate?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM

like i said in another post....this year is proving to be so perfect for the season to set us up to seeing the gobblers at their peak when our season opens on monday....good luck to allus New York hunters...i soooo have a good feeling about this year...not only alot of birds...but a big bunch of holdovers from last year....gonna be some big birds taken in New York!!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:39 PM

o man sats suck..thankfully i took my last one in the fall..but here in ny the turkeys are roarin and ready to go..but hopefuully there will sti; be good hunting monday..man i cant wait..i boght a bunch of mouth calls and a jake decoy the other day..and patterned my 10 guage..i got ten pellets in the head and spine at 45 yards..prety good for me..aight talk to ya al llater
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wont be able to get out until friday the 5th. and because i am in college, i wont even be home to do any scouting before hand. i go home thursday night and hunt friday morning. Im just kinda hoping they are in their usual places. But with some new land clearing for housing developement, i doubt they will be[:@]

but i still cant wait for next friday morning!!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

doin my hunt in the adirondacks once the weekend comes
Old 04-27-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HStomslayer870

i live down on Long Island and seeing a turkey is like seeing bigfoot.
Not really..
Last October while bow hunting Otis Pike I walked out on about 20 birds feeding in the field where I walked in. I was like 60 yards away, and watched them for 10 minutes. Once I started walking out, they shuffled back into the tree line. I've seen them off the William Floyed Parkway a few times too.. Newday did a story on the turkeys on LI, and there are several flocks. They estimated 3-5K bird on LI, but said they are spreading slow due to the distances between the land parcels they occupy.