Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Finally a day off!!!!!!!!! >

Finally a day off!!!!!!!!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finally a day off!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Finally a day off!!!!!!!!!

I have been in Nebraska and Kansas for thier openers and what an awesome spring again for me. I called I have called in 32 birds with only 8 being harvested for 6 hunters. I had gentleman shoot at three mature birds at 23 yards but just didn;t connect. I am glad to see all of the prosperous hunts that other hunters have had so far this season. I have yet to actually hunt for myself. I am to the point in my life that I very easily harvested birds but am to the point where I get more pleasure out of my clients harvesting them. I promise I am taking a couple of days off from the woods to spend some time with my awesome wife. I am also starting to read a new book that a very good frined has bought for me since I was saved. I sure hope and Pray that you all continue to have a safe and prosperous hunt. Just please remember that with out God we wouldn't have this awesome sport that we have. God Bless and PLEASE return home safe to you loved one and remember to always give your child a hug. I did write a story abotu a very special bird and my wife wrote me an awesome poem and if I get any requests to read them I will bump them up again, Keeo up the GOOD work my fellow hunters. And I do appreciate all od the thank you that I have recieved but again I was given help by TWO GREAT MEN..... JW and Rob/PABowyer, My hats are off to you gentelmamnb for you HELP>>>>>>>
Old 05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally a day off!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there bud, glad to hear you are doing well and seeing plenty of birds. Our season was a little slow,butI managed to stick a nice one(got more than feathers this time (lol)and called one in for a friend. Being a Christian is not always easy but the rewardis always worth theeffort.Another good book is The Purpose Driven Life. See ya in the woods.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally a day off!!!!!!!!!

Pat, sounds like you had a great season! Wish i could turkey hunt that much! Hope u get one b4ub4long