Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Wisconsin bonus tags

Old 03-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin bonus tags

Its all screwed up, lets see how the DNR covers their butts with this screw up! And now!!!!!! there are 21 Earn A Buck Watch Zones added to the map this year, thank god my part of clark county isnt in it. And no i would never poach, but ifit just happens that two toms come incloseenough to eachotherI may accidently shoot more than one bird. Its happend before and may happen again.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:18 AM
JW
Super Moderator

And that my friend is poor hunting ethics no matter how you look at it!

It is posts like that - that gives us all a balck eye in the minds of anti-hunters!

So you do what you feel is right!

Am truly sorry for being so blunt - but that is hopw I see things. And the laws regarding bag limits are put n place for all of us. Because with out them we would not have a population to hunt.

Was I dissapointed/disgruntled how it was handled. Yes!! Absolutley! But then I did not let my emotions get in the way - I just went to a little used palce in theis highly populted city to try to work with what I had!

Oh and I bet the phone and e-mails to the DNR are still ungodly! But I still think those who took more than one permit at once - will be contacted and may not get any!

Breaking the law - even though all where warned - and even if they found a loophole - will not stand up in court!

JW!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

i went to fleet farm and i was standing in line and the guy ahead of me bought the last one
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a shot at a turkey when bowhunting last year in wisconsin,easy 20yd shot, did't have a tag, did't shoot the bird. My friends say I should have since I was on private property and who would know? Well I would know! Don't poach. I hate the DNR as much as the next guy but you gotta play by the rules!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

And another thing. To the person who claimed that they did it on a Satso they wouldn't have to listen to complaints, if they did it on a Mon many would complain that they're at work and that this also was unfair. I also did not get a tag in the lottery and wondered why so many were left over. I chose the early 2 seasons, didn't get those. Maybe there should be enough spaces for all the seasons to be listed as a choice like illinois does. Maybe there would be no leftovers and less problems!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:10 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Dr. Andy - I greatly admire your ethics -

and to let you lmow in the 10 years I have hunted Wisc. I never - repeat never recieved a bonus tag....

JW
Old 04-03-2006, 09:34 PM

Dr. Andy,there is space to apply for all six seasons on the apps.
I think that selling extra tags over the counter is the best idea the DNR has had.I have hunted the late season in Michigan a couple of years. This year those dollars will stay in WI!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 PM

I drew zone 1 at the beginning of the selection period and don't have a clue about the overall terrain. I know its in Vernon County Wisconsin, but I really haven't researched the area to see if there is any public hunting ground. I'm active duty military stationed in Dayton, Ohio. I'm planning on making a visit during my alotted time, which begins may 1st or 5th. I'm not sure which it is, but I know it's one of the listed above. If anyone knows of the area, please let me know if it has a good population of turkeys. Also, please indicate any public grounds you may know of in zone 1. Take care and have a great season. GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iguess they do have room for the add'l times .it was a little confusing since at the top you select a zone and time then add'l aones no duplicates from above, I assumed that was the case for the times also. I only have land access in zone 18 Thanks for the advice