Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags >

PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags

Old 09-06-2002, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags

Just a little reminder for you folks that applications for Pennsylvania's Second Round of "Bonus" tags are starting to be accepted on this Monday, September 9th.

Here is the current list of counties with tags still available as well as the totals....as of 9/5/02...

Adams 1,700 Elk 362 Montour 280
Allegheny 28,000 Erie NONE Northampton 550
Armstrong 3,750 Fayette NONE Northumberland NONE
Beaver 4,000 Forest NONE Perry NONE
Bedford NONE Franklin 94 Philadelphia 539
Berks 1,300 Fulton NONE Pike 2,000
Blair NONE Greene 3,800 Potter NONE
Bradford NONE Huntingdon NONE Schuylkill NONE
Bucks 15,300 Indiana 596 Snyder NONE
Butler 480 Jefferson 40 Somerset NONE
Cambria NONE Juniata NONE Sullivan 314
Cameron NONE Lackawanna NONE Susquehanna NONE
Carbon NONE Lancaster NONE Tioga NONE
Centre NONE Lawrence 650 Union NONE
Chester 13,000 Lebanon NONE Venango NONE
Clarion NONE Lehigh 2,150 Warren NONE
Clearfield NONE Luzerne 1,500 Washington 13,377
Clinton NONE Lycoming NONE Wayne NONE
Columbia NONE McKean 200 Westmoreland NONE
Crawford NONE Mercer NONE Wyoming 900
Cumberland NONE Mifflin NONE York 7,500
Dauphin NONE Monroe 850
Delaware 5,930 Montgomery 10,700

Old 09-06-2002, 08:02 AM

Default RE: PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags

Here is a little something I learned this year about the bonus tags!If PA. does the bonus tags again next year & you plan on sending for both bonus tags you can send for your 2 bonus tags when the first bonus tags go out. The only thing is you can't send 2 for the same county! I never knew you could do that! Well maybe it will help if you hunt 2 counties. At least you don't have to wait for the second round.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Frank. Too bad all my counties are sold out....Warren, McKean, Forest, Elk.

Speedmaster, I don't think that's accurate.

Old 09-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Speedmaster, not to bust your bubble, but you are wrong about sending for 2 tags in 2 different countys. One application per draw. That is until you can buy them over the counter.

Old 09-06-2002, 10:07 AM

You may be right Buckshot & Jason but I sent Monroe & Northampton on August 26 & my checks were both cashed! Maybe you are not supposed to do it but it worked for me. The only reason I did it is my Brother 'N' Law & his father did it last year & they got theirs! Last year I waited for each date to get mine. So maybe you are right! I'm just letting you know it worked for me this year.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Speedy, I agree with you,, i sent my bonus apps to bradford and wyoming county both on the same day and will get them both. I believe if you look in the regs book it says that you can send no more than 2 applications in to one county for the bonus tags. So if you got your first lic, after the non residents had their shot you could have sent 2 more in at the same time to get 2 bonus licenses,
Old 09-06-2002, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Quote from the pa regs book top of page 34:

"an individual may apply for and receive no more than 2 unsold antlerless licenses,"

then at the bottom of the same page " County treasurers will begin accepting apps by mail aug 26, from PA residents and non residents until allocations are exausted" Quote unquote...

I just cant wait to wack some doe up here this year!!!!! the warm weather killed us during the gun season last year. ALL those fat mullies are still running around eating all my clover up!!!! ITs gonna be venison speedie city this year!!! Gonna whack at least 2 in bow season!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Spike

IBB and speed I am not sure but I think what you did is illegal my neighbor did it a few years ago and lost his license for a year because of it. I would definately check with the WCO for your area and find out for sure.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the wording from the game commission "Beginning Monday, Aug. 26, county treasurers will accept, only through the mail, applications for the first round of unsold antlerless licenses. Hunters may apply for and receive only one antlerless deer license during this first round in all counties except Special Regulations Areas counties (Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia). In Special Regulations Areas counties, hunters may apply for multiple antlerless licenses.

Applying for and receiving more than one "unsold" antlerless license prior to Sept. 9, except in Special Regulations Areas counties, is against the law and carries a $100 fine. In addition, receiving a second "unsold" license during the first round automatically voids the first "unsold" license a hunter receives. Applicants may apply over-the-counter in Special Regulation Area counties on Aug. 26.

Beginning Monday, Sept. 9, county treasurers will accept, only through the mail, applications for the second round of unsold antlerless licenses. Hunters who applied for an unsold antlerless license during the first round may apply for and receive only one antlerless deer license during the second round. Those hunters who did not apply for an unsold license during the first round may make separate applications for and receive up to two unsold antlerless licenses during the second round. The separate applications may be submitted to one or two counties."

And here is the link, I heard that this year they were going to computerize all the county treasurer records and cross check for this very thing.
http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC...2/nr064-02.htm

Edited by - Buckshot on 09/07/2002 16:10:55
Old 09-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Guess I am gonna get a fine but my argument is that, no where in the rules book you got with your license does it say anything about your quote.

The Gun store which i bought my license also told me that I could get more that one license (they gave me two red licenses envelopes to send in for bonus tags when I asked) and no where in the rules book does it say anything about sept 9th.

Quick Reply: PA's Second Round "Bonus" Tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.