Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Bobble Head Decoy

Old 02-26-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Bobble Head Decoy

Just bought the Buckwing Bobble Head Hen what do yall think about it?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bobble Head Decoy

i got one too , this is the first yr. i'll be using her, i can't wait.....she's up in my room and she is soooooooooo sweet..........
Old 02-26-2006, 02:38 PM

Absolutely can't wait to try out a Bobble Head hen I just got. This is the most realistic (affordable) decoy I've seen. I really think the movement could help this year. This decoy is almost eery in the wind! Best of luck.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might end up with one or three too. Unfortunately, we didn't hear turkeys this year like we did last fall, so I don't know how many are around to hunt.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used it last year and loved it. Its well werth the money! I got 2 turkeys last spring idk if it was because of the decoy but id like to think so
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

After using most decoys on the market , I found that the Ol Bobblin head made the larges impact in the hunting woods. What I found is they need a little tuning up to work better and this is what I did to mine.

1/ cut off the foot bend in the stake first and make it just a one straight rod.
2/ cut away a little of the material around the neck area to allow the head to move a little more free.
3/ cut the area at the bottom a little longer and wider to allow the decoy to wobble back and forth as it is feeding.
4/ attach the spring part of the stake to the decoy all the time and leave it there. Do not tighten down the nut that holds the decoy on. Rather glue the nut on so that the decoy can turn around the bolt freely.

When you fold the decoy up leave the top part of the stake in the decoy all the time. Add a point on the low part of the stake so that you can push the decoy down in the ground. When the decoy gets little bents in it that don't seem to come out, run the decoy under Hot water in these areas and it will form like new again...BT
Old 02-27-2006, 09:48 AM

I think Mr.Hare hit the nail on the head. I bought one Bobble Head near xmas just to see how i liked it (setting up etc) and i felt that it was too complicated and took too much time to set up vs a straight decoy stick which takes 4 seconds and the Bobbn Head may take 20 secs but still.... Also its kinda glossy and doesnt pack as well as the Feather Flex i bought but im gonna try both this year and let the toms deicide.