Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Action in Missouri already >

Action in Missouri already

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Action in Missouri already

Old 01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Action in Missouri already

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Anyone know why the change too MO turkey opener this year? For 20 years the rules in the MDC book has said that the spring firearms turkey season would open the 3rd Monday of April. Why then is it opening the 24th (4th Mon) this year? That is gonna put the season only 1 week in April and two in May. That is REALLY gettin late and based on the non-existant winter this year, the birds are gonna be hard pressed not to be breeding fully during the early too mid part of April.
I'm not sure what the MDC books says but I've checked my personal log and the MO season hasnt opened any earlier than the 18th the past 12 years. It seems as if the 18 is the earliest date and the 24th being the latest. I agree that the 24th is very late, as usual come the third week of MO season it will be difficult to find responsive birds.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have had that problem for the last couple of seasons ,early breeding season and is mostly done by the time it opens . I feel for you . Hal
Old 01-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Red, for several years now it has come in on the last Monday in April that has a full week of April left.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 AM

Last year we couldn't call any birds in. I was lucky enough though to happen upon a few just walking through the woods. They wasn't making a single cluck or anything when I came up on them. I am hopefully going to take my cousin on the youth hunt so maybe we can get him one.