Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri rut action? >

Missouri rut action?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri rut action?

Old 11-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default Missouri rut action?

Hi guys!

Anyone seeing heavy rut action in missouri? I' ve been hearing reports of bucks cruising more and more in serach of hot does. My cousin had a roll of film developed that he took with a game cam in the back of one of his food plots this week. It had at least 4 different bucks, and in all likelyhood 5. The biggest was very nice 8 point that looks to have about 14-16" G2' s.

Hopefully I can get out this weekend and see some for myself. Until then, I' ll just pacify myself with reading all the reports here!

GH
Old 11-12-2003, 06:48 AM

Default RE: Missouri rut action?

It was or seemed to be going on hot and heavy in N.W. Missouri last Saturday, (11-8-03). My father and I were bowhunting and videoing all day, seeing 11 different deer with 9 of them being bucks, all slightly larger than basket racks with the exception of one forkhorn. The majority of the bucks were seen between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., and all had their noses to the ground. I have been out everyday except yesterday (11-11-03), and it seemed to have settled down a bit, maybe in part of the warmer weather. But vacation started today thru next Thursday, and I will be out from tomorrow, on. Had to get some " honey-do' s" finished today![:' (]

P.S.----I have about 3 to 5 seconds of video on a 8 mm camera of an exceptionally large buck that took me by suprise last Wednesday, but I have no idea how to convert it to here, or what equipment is needed, so others can see. This is the reason why I have let a few " shooters" go by this year as opposed to last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:28 PM

Default RE: Missouri rut action?

Richie,

Check out the Tutorials on HuntingFootage.com. There is lots of info to help answer your questions.

Darren

ORIGINAL: RICHIE3

P.S.----I have about 3 to 5 seconds of video on a 8 mm camera of an exceptionally large buck that took me by suprise last Wednesday, but I have no idea how to convert it to here, or what equipment is needed, so others can see. This is the reason why I have let a few " shooters" go by this year as opposed to last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.