Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

hen thief

Old 05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default hen thief

my season hasent been the easiest one this year. so today i was going to try something different.. i was going to hunt a field w/ a decoy.. so first thing in the morning i hear one gobble once not too far in the woods so i set up and call, he gobbles right back.. i didnt want to call too much these birds are hunted really hard.. so i give a few clucks, he hits me again.. then again and he is coming.. then out of no where this hen got between us and she starts going off cutting/yelping loud.. he is going nuts, i start cutting and he is gobbleing at every sound her or i make.. then he steps out sees her and she stole him.. left me hanging.. so i thought well he knows im there he will be back.. so i wait.. and wait.. then at 10:30 i hear BANG.. oh no someone shot him... never heard him call or heard a gobble, oh well its public land. so i packed up and headed out, then i run into two guys w/ a deer cart that they were bringing out that they left up there since deer season.. and i couldnt believe what the hat on it.. the guy didnt shoot a bird, he shot a rattlesnake.. [:@] your not aloud to shoot them they are protected.. he said he didnt know that... that makes me mad.. i dont love snakes but i dont go killing them.. but some people just dont care.. well that was my day.. i got one more day to go out..
Old 05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hen thief

Well good luck on your next time out.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear the bad luck. Just glad I am aloud to kill rattle snakes were I live, I hate them.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Insted of the Hamburgler on McDonald's you can call her the Henburgler.