Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Reconyx trail cams >

Reconyx trail cams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx trail cams

Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
Which other cameras have you tried? For this kind of money I would be willing to custom make heavy duty steel boxes.
I can't speak for the fella you were asking originally but I myself have used almost every brand of camera there is. I worked as a guide out in Kansas and Illinois for a few years and had my fair share of testing on almost all the brands. The one guy I worked for in Kansas had a total of 75 brand new cameras of various brands in a big box that he handed me on my first day and said "have fun and tell me which brand to specifically buy more of". Shoulda seen the smile on my face playing with all those cameras lol.

But in the end I use and have gotten alot of friends and family to try reconyx and me nor any of them will use anything else now. As of right now there's nothing else on the market that can beat a reconyx. No one can say what the future will hold but for now there's nothing better. The battery life is unmatched as is the sensitivity and camera speed. I've put up other brands right next to the reconyx to put the other cameras to test on trigger speed and sensitivity and not one has come close. You really don't miss a thing with reconyx. I like that they are very simple and easy to set up and adjust the settings as well. Never have to worry about it not working or anything else. If something walks near it...you'll see it. I also like the bingeing cord strap used to hang it. Very quick and easy and reliable. I have my cameras out year round and replace the batteries once a year and the cameras show no signs of wear and tear from the weather.

The price is deffinatly high on the reconyx. I hemmed and hawed for a long time before I dropped that kind of cash on a couple of them. But after trying every other option and being disappointed I figured I didn't have a choice as I knew what I had seen they could do. As for security boxes I haven't used any as I've always been on private land and haven't had any trouble or a thought of them being jacked but there is options out there for you if your looking for a security box. Buy one and get a box and try it out I know you'll be like me and everyone else who is glad they spent the extra money!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Reconyx Camera's

Originally Posted by early in
I'd really LOVE to buy one, it's just that I hunt State land and that's a hell of a chance to take with an expensive cam. I've had 2 cams on this land for about 8 years with no theft or vandelism, but that's prolly because they were Cuddebacks.

Why don't you set up your Reconyx and then put your cuddlebacks high up in a tree watching your Reconyx. If someone steals it you have proof of who did it. That is what I am considering doing. Buy a good camera and a cheap one.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
Why don't you set up your Reconyx and then put your cuddlebacks high up in a tree watching your Reconyx. If someone steals it you have proof of who did it. That is what I am considering doing. Buy a good camera and a cheap one.
I really doubt that a trail cam thief is going to pass on a Cuddeback because he's only looking for Reconyx.
My Cuddebacks cost $185 and they are great cams.

I'm betting that no thief has found your cameras yet.
I wouldn't put any of my camera on public land and they are all in lock boxes. I have too much invested in them.
Thank god we have a lot of land in our family so I don't have to hunt public.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Reconyx

Originally Posted by pnut
I really doubt that a trail cam thief is going to pass on a Cuddeback because he's only looking for Reconyx.
My Cuddebacks cost $185 and they are great cams.

I'm betting that no thief has found your cameras yet.
I wouldn't put any of my camera on public land and they are all in lock boxes. I have too much invested in them.
Thank god we have a lot of land in our family so I don't have to hunt public.
I didn't say they were cheap. You said probably nobody took them because they were Cuddebacks. I was just saying put a camera that nobody would make a great effort to steal to watch the one the one that would be stolen.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default At $500 unfortunately

they invented bolt cutters and chain saws many decades ago.

At that kind of money for a cam, the user should probably have to pass a test in camouflage.

(Of course, I was thinking like the late George Carlin might have)
Old 11-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Spike

cool dear I like it

http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/games_4320/

Last edited by amzee91; 11-24-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

interestingly enough Reconyx is one of the very few cam manufactures which uses a theft loc code to access the device. As long as the code loc is on the camera can not be used. After a theft occurs the owner can contact Reconyx with their information and when Reconyx receives the camera from the thief it will be returned to the rightful owner. After being stolen the only people to access the camera is Reconyx if the code loc is in use. It is a good concept I wish Moultrie would come up with also. I just experienced my first trail cam disappearance and wish Moultrie had a way of tracking their cameras.

Buckeye Cam has a similar system that works. I know someone in MN who had one disappear The theif was caught using the manufacture and code loc function and charged with felony theft do to the value of the camera that was stolen.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just my own opinion, you can buy a much cheaper camera that will take quality pictures.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Just my own opinion, you can buy a much cheaper camera that will take quality pictures.
I agree! I dont want to get into the store bought against the homebrews, but as far as quality goes, I would put my S600 homebrews against a Reconyx any day! And my S600 homebrews cost me about $150 to build. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Hey 12 point. How do you make a home brew trail cam? Anyway, I've had at least 4 Cuddies The total cost over the years have been 1,000 dollars. How many are still working? 0 . I could have bought 2 Reconyx and they'd both be in the woods today. I went and bought a Moultrie m80x and it lasted 2 years. Now I'm up to 1,100 dollars and still no trail cam. So, I buy a Reconyx 500. It's only been a year but 20- 30,000 pics and only no second set of batteries. The most expensive is the cheapest. For 150 bucks home brew though I'd give it a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.