HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reconyx trail cams
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Adkhunter831
Spike

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
Which other cameras have you tried? For this kind of money I would be willing to custom make heavy duty steel boxes.
I can't speak for the fella you were asking originally but I myself have used almost every brand of camera there is. I worked as a guide out in Kansas and Illinois for a few years and had my fair share of testing on almost all the brands. The one guy I worked for in Kansas had a total of 75 brand new cameras of various brands in a big box that he handed me on my first day and said "have fun and tell me which brand to specifically buy more of". Shoulda seen the smile on my face playing with all those cameras lol.

But in the end I use and have gotten alot of friends and family to try reconyx and me nor any of them will use anything else now. As of right now there's nothing else on the market that can beat a reconyx. No one can say what the future will hold but for now there's nothing better. The battery life is unmatched as is the sensitivity and camera speed. I've put up other brands right next to the reconyx to put the other cameras to test on trigger speed and sensitivity and not one has come close. You really don't miss a thing with reconyx. I like that they are very simple and easy to set up and adjust the settings as well. Never have to worry about it not working or anything else. If something walks near it...you'll see it. I also like the bingeing cord strap used to hang it. Very quick and easy and reliable. I have my cameras out year round and replace the batteries once a year and the cameras show no signs of wear and tear from the weather.

The price is deffinatly high on the reconyx. I hemmed and hawed for a long time before I dropped that kind of cash on a couple of them. But after trying every other option and being disappointed I figured I didn't have a choice as I knew what I had seen they could do. As for security boxes I haven't used any as I've always been on private land and haven't had any trouble or a thought of them being jacked but there is options out there for you if your looking for a security box. Buy one and get a box and try it out I know you'll be like me and everyone else who is glad they spent the extra money!