Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Reconyx trail cams >

Reconyx trail cams

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx trail cams

Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

I absolutely love my reconyx hc 500. Awesome trigger speed, when a deer walks by from the side your first pic will be his nose and then it is a pic taking machine, I like it because you get a deer from all angles, awesome battery life and durablitly is awesome. It is pricey but worth it in my opinion. With that being said I just received the covert red 40 for Christmas and this cam is a third of the price, it gets great reviews, the pics are some of the best I have seen on a commercial cam and battery life, trigger speed and durability are excellent from what I have read. If I have the cash get the reconyx, you won't be sorry but if price is too steep look at the covert red 40. Scoot
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using the Bushnell HD 8MP this year and couldn't be happier. I liked the old Bushnells but the new HD ones get great pics. I've had two out since Labor day and yet to have a blank picture (over 2000 pcitures). I thought I had a few but after looking closer I can pick out the coyotes in the CRP. I know the reconyx are great but I got my Bushnells off of Ebay for a reputable seller (Sold over 100 of this model) for $150 w/shipping. Its not reconyx but for one Reconyx I can get 3 bushnells.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Spike

Anyone use a Reconyx with a Mac computer? I'm curious if they are compatible and how you would get the pics off the camera using a MAC
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your Mac reads cards from your digital camera then it's no different. Cards are formatted FAT32.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I run a mac book and the only weird thing is I need an adapter for the SD card. Why Apple doesn't know enough to make an SD slot is beyond me. I can put them in phot booth and keep them and like phot booth.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

The battery life on the Reconyx camera is almost magical. I have no clue how many pictures in the last year and a half the camera has snapped but it must be in the 50k range and the batteries are still kicking no problem. I feel like someone is changing the batteries without me knowing because it is unbelievable. I use the Lithium batteries as well. Coupled with great pic quality, trigger speed off the charts, and ease of use....unmatched in my opinion.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Spike

Being the eBay lover i am, here you go, relatively cheap answer compared to the value of what you pay for the camera.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trail-Camera...item1e7c45631f
hope this helps!!