Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Having trouble with my Bushnell TC, please help. >

Having trouble with my Bushnell TC, please help.

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Having trouble with my Bushnell TC, please help.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Having trouble with my Bushnell TC, please help.

So, when I checked my cam the other day, I noticed there were no pics on it. I took it back up to the house for investigation. I tried taking pictures but it never worked. I put the SD card into my camera, and subsequently into the computer but nothing showed up. Then, I plugged the camera into the computer without an SD card, and some old pics showed up from like a month ago, while the cam was still on but without an SD, so the pics were on the internal memory. Also, when I turn it on, the red light doesn't show up, and when I click "setup" the screen doesn't light up. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnells have a two year warranty. I would contact them and see what they say.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

THEMAKKER13: Here are a few suggestions, which you may already have tried. 1)format your SD card in your computer, then when you install the card in the camera, format it again. 2) make sure the card is unlocked, 3)install new batteries in the camera, making sure the new ones go in the bottom section (I would suggest testing the batteries with a digital meter) even a new package of batteries can have a faulty one. When batteries get down to 1-1.2 volt, your camera may not function properly, or not at all. The reason for the new batteries in the bottom section of the camera: the top section of 4 is wired in series, the bottom section of 4 is wired in series. Now both sections are wired in parallal, maintaining 6 volt instead of 12 volt if all were wired in series. I have 7 of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras and for some odd reason they seem to draw power off the bottom 4 batteries the most. These have been excellent cameras and I am well satisfied with them. They have a small viewing screen which is useless for the extra dollar. When I bought the first camera, I was thrilled the way it performed, this is why I stayed with the same series. 4)when checking my cameras, I usually randomly check the batteries with a digital camera (one in the top section and one in the bottom section). With the camera in the off position, I then roll each battery to make sure it has good connection and checking to make sure a spring did not get misaligned when installing the batteries. I also wait a few seconds before turning the power back on as the odd time the screen fails to light. In this case, just shut the camera off, wait a few seconds, then turn on the power.
If this fails, do like PastorJim08 suggested. I have had excellent customer service with Bushnell whenever I emailed them with any questions I may have had. What year is your camera?
For SD cards I use the following: SanDisk, Verbatim, Adapta, and Kodak all 2GB as this is what some of my other cameras were limited to. Kodak works but not as good as the others. Bushnell recommends SanDisk. Some of the cameras will not accept the SDHC cards. Good luck.

Last edited by littlearrow; 09-25-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Add additional information.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help. Honestly, I'm not sure what year, either 10 or 11, but I did buy it this year on a big sale at Cabelas. I tried the batteries with a digital meter, and as I recall at least on was like 1.2, but then I tried a new set, and it still did not work. However, I did not test the new batteries.