Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

6pt/does/fawn

Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default 6pt/does/fawn

Been having alot of activity on my camera, excited to see a buck on there... how old do you think this guy is? Three years? Also the one doe looks fat... really fat.. Any reasons behind that? The other looks like it has a normal belly.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say that buck is 1.5, probably his first rack. I'm not sure why the one doe is so fat. Maybe spending too much time at the local deer buffet.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Hmm.. I dont feed them.. I toss out about 2 gallons of corn for the camera, half of which squirrels eat up. Maybe someone else is feeding them! o NO!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably the bucks first rack and I think that is just one healthy looking doe.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, I think he is a year and a half. And yes, that is one healthy doe.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replys. I would of thought that deer to be a little older. All these deer are shooters in my eyes... I know those does are residents and Ive watched them 2 years or so. But I seldom see bucks, last year in late dec, I had 5 show up and only a picture of each, few spikes, 1 non typical, and a big 8 (or seven- broken g3) and he had some mass too . I hunt a funnel that attaches to a powerline, so no telling how far those deer were traveling in search of a last hot doe. Also didnt think anyone hunted around me, opening day of muzzel loader it was obvious I was not alone, and anything walking was getting harvested. I think the rut was off and late last year.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Speaking of those bucks I saw late last season, Ill post a pic of the larger 8 and the trashy looking rack that looks a little non typical, lemme know how old you think they are, and why they would be passing by so late. Also realize Im in central NC and I dont see alot of large bucks around anyways, let alone many as big as this 8 (man hes sweet looking, hope hes around this year)

Last edited by louie6014; 08-07-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judging from that bucks body im going to say he is 2 years of age (2.5 in a couple of months) Very nice pics! Pike
Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2nd buck is 2.5 years of age aswell but I cant see enough of the 3rd deer to say how old it is. Pike
Old 08-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by louie6014
Thanks for the replys. I would of thought that deer to be a little older. All these deer are shooters in my eyes... I know those does are residents and Ive watched them 2 years or so. But I seldom see bucks, last year in late dec, I had 5 show up and only a picture of each, few spikes, 1 non typical, and a big 8 (or seven- broken g3) and he had some mass too . I hunt a funnel that attaches to a powerline, so no telling how far those deer were traveling in search of a last hot doe. Also didnt think anyone hunted around me, opening day of muzzel loader it was obvious I was not alone, and anything walking was getting harvested. I think the rut was off and late last year.
The rut took place last year within a few days of when it did the year before, with in a few days of a 100 years before that and a within a few days of 1,000 year before that. The rut doesnt change and wont unless the earth some how gets knocked off its axis. Pike