Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
camera suggestions >

camera suggestions

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

camera suggestions

Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Spike

Default camera suggestions

i have the cuddeback no flash and i have not been satisfied with the camera overall. when i put it up half the time the batteries fall out and have to take it down to put them back in. during the summer i put it out numerous times with no problems but recently iv been putting it out to see if i can catch some bucks before they shed for the year and ill put it infront of a pile of corn and come back to see the corn gone and no pics. i dont know why the camera isnt taking pictures, when i go back to check it the batteries are still charged and it is still on and sometimes takes a pic of me taking it down but thats all. the camera is only atmost 10 yards from the corn so i know its not to far away and i know deer have been there bc of the tracks, if anyone knows what the problem might be any suggestions are appreciated. i am now looking to buy another camera hopefully one where i wont have the problems i have had with this one, i personally like ir cameras with out the flash but thats a preference not a necessity. i would like any suggestions on a good trail camera. thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

what do you have the sensitivity on?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Spike

i have the sensitivity set on high
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

There are alot of variables to determine which cam is right for you. Price range, application, size, battery life, trigger speed. Etc..... to help narrow it down............
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Spike

well iv been looking around on the internet and on this site at cameras and reviews and i think the moultrie i-60 might be what im looking for. what i mainly do is put my camera infront of bait or fields. i have a few questions about it, would this camera be good for what i plan to do with it, is it fairly simple to operate, on the cuddieback i have it is a pain to keep the batteries in on this camera is that a problem, and is the SD card fairly easy to put in and remove. thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

i have 2 moultries and love them! only thing i am not a huge fan of is their mounting bracket but it didn't stop me from getting my 2nd i-40. also my buddy has a scoutguard and it is nice....both cameras go for about 175?!?...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Bushnell Trophycam would also be worth a look.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem with my Cuddeback Capture IR camera...it would take maybe the first few pictures when I would set it up...than after that nothing,it acted alomost like it would loose its connection and the night IR pictures were simply awful...I couldn't get the camera to take to up-grade off the Cuddeback Site and re-turned it back in where I bought it and paid the difference in price for the Moultrie I-60 and haven't regretted it ever since and even bought another Moultrie I-60 on sale for less money.

The Moultrie I-60 Infared camera does a great job,carries out very far with the IR's 72 LED's...more LED's better lighting and the further out the camera will pick up.It has great battery life and I really like the High-Res Video feature and the several still picture settings You can choose from.If You watch for sales the Moultrie I-60 can be bought for around $200.00 or a little higher?I got my last one on sale at Bass Pro Shop for $200.00 plus a $20.00 off coupon and I have seen them for sale on-line at walmart.com for around $214.00.The solar panel sells for around $79.00 down to $69.00 and the lowest and most reasonable price again at Wal-Mart for around $49.95 +tax.

PastorJim gives several good reviews on the different trail camera's he has or has owned and it is very helpful in choosing a good trail camera too.I keep hearing great reviews about the regular Cuddeback Capture "Flash" camera and the Bushnell Trail Camera especialy the new 2010 models that have been much improved!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 02-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.