Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
The Bear attack.... >

The Bear attack....

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

The Bear attack....

Old 07-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Spike

Default The Bear attack....

Unfortunately the past two times I haven't been able to get the two really nice bucks I have posted on here before. All I've been getting is a bunch of does and smaller bucks, but I'll keep at it and the big ones will show up again eventually.

As we went to get the trail camera this morning I was certain we would have some bucks on the camera. Well when we got to the spot there was no camera and lets just say I was about to tear the mountian apart, it would've been the second camera stolen. To my relief and my dads the camera was laying behind the tree. We've been hunting this land for about 5-6 years now and I've never saw a bear, well thats def. changed. I was completely suprised when I saw the pictures. He also done some damage to the trail camera, I'll have to make something to hold it on the tree.

Also I'll keep you guys posted, I think its about time to move the camera to a different spot and get some other big bucks on there, because I know there in there somewhere.

http://

Last edited by SouthernBuckFever; 07-09-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Re: The Bear attack....

As long as that bear is content to just attack your camera and not you, you got no problem.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

A few year back when my uncle lived in Virginia, he had a series of pics showing the bear approaching. The final pick is a 1st person veiw of the blackies throat and teeth. Pretty wild to say the least.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default I had one try to bite into the camera lense!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about your camera,I always check my camera with clean hands before I handle any bait. Good luck.
Martin
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bear boxes

You might have to Invest In a bear box, they do make them and they work great.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool series of pics
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was awesome
Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Spike

sound`s like it`s time to get a camlock box or go to lowes and get a electrical box and make your own cam safe box!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one do a back rub on my cam but I never had one attack it as of yet. My daughter and I went out to set mine back up this afternoon. As we started walking in she froze and said dad a bear.. I could see she was shaken up quite baddly and asked where because I had not yet seen it. She pointed and said over there! I looked and it was roughly 15 feet from us standing there looking at us. I told her to keep her eyes on it and walk backwards to the truck which was about another 150 feet back. After we got to the truck I looked and it was no where to be found. I set up my can and went to where the bear was to see what might have happened. It looked as though the bear was taking a nap when we came upon it. I was feeling a little uneasy about that bear myself. But i think we just happened upon it and woke it up. I am not really sure but it surely was a surprize to us. I have the cam set on 45 second video mode and hopefully will have some great stuff on it when I get back tjhere in about 2 more weeks..