Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Poor Quality starting to show.... >

Poor Quality starting to show....

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Poor Quality starting to show....

Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Poor Quality starting to show....

So I started using trail-cams this past winter and bought a couple of Wildview Extreme2, obviously very cheap affordable cameras, and I pretty much just wanted an idea of what was walking under my stands...they worked well and still work but I see a declining quality in the pics as of late...now I did purchase a I540 and hope to retrieve the card tonight after work but these are the pics from the wildview that I retrieved this weekend.

Here are set of three pics taken out of 72 only one is good though...

The trigger speed is just not getting it done recently...I think the combo of it not being quite light enough to take the picture without the flash might have something to do with the poor quality...granted it is not a high quality camera to begin with.

Here are some nighttime pics or misc. creatures...

This guy was in most of the pictures....

Thought I would share...Hope to put up the stealth cam pics tonight later...
Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poor Quality starting to show....

I can't wait to see your stealth cam pictures. I have the same camera and I love it. The only thing I dont like on it is the night time photos because they are in black and white
Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

d-rock,

It all depends on what you want out of it. If you are like me, and most, you started out with a trailcam to find out what was in your hunting area. At that point, any trailcam and picture would do.My brother-in-law and Iwere just talking about this subject last night. I reminded him about how excited we got if we just had10-15 pictures of deer after the camera had been out two weeks. Now I would be dissapointed if I had less than 300or so after 10 days of monitoring. At some point, things changed for me. I started going after quality pics, no matter the subject. I also wondered what I was missing with a slower triggered camera. So I began buying better and better cameras. Now the quest for me is mostly about the quality and uniquenessof the pic.Yes I still like to get thebig bucks but it has become secondary. There is nothing wrong with your pics if your purpose is to see whats out there. Enjoy the hobby for the purpose you are doing it,whether it be to see whats out there or if you are going after higherquality and unique pictures. Don't get caught up in comparing your pics oryour eqiupment to others. We will look forward to your pics. By the way, I thought you bought an I-590.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Your right Pastorjim in every way....oh and by the way I did buy I-590 my first post was a typo...my reasoning for trail-cams is still to see what is out there, I am also trying to get into food plotting and wildlife management so I'm moving towards the quality pics to see how my different seed blends are effecting the wildlife...is my property holding deer or simply a travel corridor...so like you I get just as excited to see a herd of does feeding in front of my camera as I do of a lone buck following the same trail...this is for sure I'll be doing this hobby for years to come.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

Alright here they are the first round of Stealth Cam Pics...and I am not dissappointed...

All in all I had 220 exposures, with a good variety of subjects, that was my first turkey captured on camera and I didn't know I had turkeys in that particular woods. Also as you can see I have a decent bachelor pad it would seem with a couple boys sporting some good head gear.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

D-rock,

Those are some great pics. Looks like you got some good growth going on with those bucks. How long did you have it out before you checked it? I will make a prediction here and say that you are hooked for life!

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Ha ha...yeah I'm pretty much hooked....I only had it out for about 5 days before I checked it...just to make sure everything was working right...I'll go longer now before checking it again...if I can make it....lol...we are supposed to be getting rain much of this week so I'm hoping that will increase the activity at the salt lick.

I'm trying to get my brother to invest in a camera so I have another outlet for what will become our addiction...I'm sure he will
Old 06-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Those are some very nice pics.Looks like you may need a little herd reduction done on the raccoon population. lol
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

D-rock,

Here's a another good deal on trailcams that came in my e-mail. The Bushnell Trophycam is a great camera and this is a really good price on their latest generation camera.
Check out www.eders.com

Blessings.....Pastorjim

eders.com - Archery and Hunting Gear [/b]LIMITED TIME BUSHNELL TRAIL CAMERA SALE

For Seven Days only starting May 29th, eders.com is offering a great sale on select Bushnell Trail Cameras. Watch for the Bushnell trail cameras this fall on Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell. In the meantime, check out their commercial featuring Michael and his buddy Travis "T-Bone" Turner. See the commercial at Bushnell's Website.

Remember, you can save even more on all of your orders at eders.com if you join the Professional Bowhunter Buyer's Club.

Bushnell Trail Sentry
Spend less and you won’t miss a thing. With one of the quickest trigger times on the market, extra-long battery life and an incredibly affordable price, our new digital Trail Sentry™ is a sharp little lookout you’ll want an army of. It’s easy to use and is offered in a standard 2.1-megapixel version. This unit captures sharp digital photos or short video clips. We honed the technology and shaved the price to make the ultimate season attainable for virtually anyone.
Model 11-9204: Bushnell Trail Sentry 4.0 MP - Price: $99.99
Model 11-9415: Bushnell Trail Sentry 5.0 w/ Night Vision - Price: $169.35

Bushnell Trophy Cam
6" tall, 4" wide, and big enough to revolutionize the industry. Small enough to fit in your palm, and packed with technology that’ll put your hands around antlers like no other trail camera on the market. Along with efficiency of space – carry a whole fleet of Trophy Cams to your hunting grounds in a daypack – the battery life and trigger speed are among the best in the world today. They’ll run up to six months on a single set of AA batteries. And the PIR sensor has a coverage area 3x that of any camera we’ve built to date, with a trigger time consistently less than one second. They won’t alert game animals thanks to 24 night vision LEDs. Select up to three rapid-fire images per trigger, or a 0 to 60-second interval between photos. Video mode records a programmable 1 to 60 seconds of action. Plus, an optional built-in color viewer gives you an instant look at what’s passed by. High/low resolution settings capture your choice 3MP or 5MP images.
Model 11-9405: with Black and White LCD - Price: $169.35
Model 11-9415: with Color LCD Viewer - Price: $194.87

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I have a few coons...lol...I had about 10 lbs of corn left over which I put out and the coons had it gone pretty much the first night...I've seen corn though make a pretty nice mineral site though, I don't know if it gets mashed into the ground but combine it with a mineral lick and I have had good success with it, I kind of prefer that to some other attractants I guess I think I'm putting something more nutritional out there...at any rate though it provides some good pictures.

PastorJim,

I actually looked at that Bushnell Trailsentry; the 4.0 mp version I think it has IR and incandescent flash, something unique and not for a bad price. Thanks I'll pass along my recommendations to my brother. I don't think I will get away with buying another, the better half said something about marriage and a house and I would prefer my first house to be something other than the doghouse...so...I'll cut my losses and wait a couple of months. She did say though that she wanted to hide trail cameras at our wedding reception so I'll need some ideas for some good IR cameras with a minimal glow...lol...we want to have fun with our reception instead of the generic wedding a subtle hunting theme was her idea for me...my idea was using the pics we get on the trail cameras for the Thank-You notes...anyways that is a little ways off I'm afraid.

God Bless

Dave

Quick Reply: Poor Quality starting to show....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.