Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Best 200 dollar camera? >

Best 200 dollar camera?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best 200 dollar camera?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In your guys opnion....

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

ORIGINAL: kwaldeier

what i dont get is if its such a good camera and everyone is talkin about it then how come the poll doesnt think so!! it confuses me haha
LOL, cause you just added it to the poll 2 days ago. You can't set up a poll and change the choices every day, your results will be no where near accurate. You added choices, removed choices, etc. Heck, you even changed the title to this thread... maybe you should go into politics [8D]just kidding
ok very true haha but scoutguard is catching up!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

I voted other. I personally would not spend 200 on a trail camera. You just don't need to. I'm not looking to make a living off the pictures it takes. I just want to know what is on my place and when it's there. I have purchased several $49 cameras and have had little to no problems with them. I just recently bought a few of the wildgame innovations 1.3 meg cameras and they work great and take great pics. $49 a pop at good ole Wally Mart. For $200 I can buy 4 of my cameras and cover a lot more ground.

Also on another note. I have a few of the Wildview cameras and have had very little to no issues with them. They take good pics and last as long on a set of rechargeable batteries and just about anything else.

I see just as many deer with cheap cameras as any of you guys do. I'm not hatin on you for buyin those cameras. I just have to make my dollars spread out a little more.
no offence betterbiddogs but thats what i have done the past few years, buying wildgame and busnhell cameras from walmart and i think in the past 2 years i have gone through 50 sets of batteries and MAYBE got 50 pictures....i checked my bushnell the other day and i had TWO(2)!!![:@][:@] pictures on it and it sat there for 2 weeks, and yes i no there is deer there, it is on a very well used trail and hell i even scared 4 deer right infront of it when i went to check it, im takin it back and gettin somethin better but i do see your logic in covering more ground
Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs
I see just as many deer with cheap cameras as any of you guys do.
How exactly do you know this without running a test with the cameras in question right next to your cameras?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Ok I have no scientific proof for the "proof nerds" out there but I just started really putting cameras out this past summer and fall and my cameras took over a 1000 pics in limited use. I know every buck on my place and when and where the does travel and when and where the bucks travel. I know what bucks stay east of the creek and what bucks stay west of the creek. I know what bucks hit what scrapes and what time and I know which direction they come from in order to do so. I did all of this with $49 (pos in your opinion) cameras. I think people get duped into thinking that the higher the price the better it is. I am more then happy with my cheapo cameras.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

what i dont get is if its such a good camera and everyone is talkin about it then how come the poll doesnt think so!! it confuses me haha
LOL, cause you just added it to the poll 2 days ago. You can't set up a poll and change the choices every day, your results will be no where near accurate. You added choices, removed choices, etc. Heck, you even changed the title to this thread... maybe you should go into politics [8D]just kidding
ok very true haha but scoutguard is catching up!
Whoops! BUSTED!!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM

I really think the Scoutguard 550 is the best cam out there for around $200. Great pics, excellent battery life, and very quick trigger. I own two and am not at all dissappointed in them.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

i40 is absolutely amazing

Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

betterbirddogs, what type of batteries do your cheap cams take and how many pics are you getting on a set and how long does it take to run them down?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I got on Ebay and bought some commercial grade rechargeable C batteries that are Sanyos. I bought some of the Energizers from Walmart and they suck. I can get about 14 days out of a set of rechargable batteries with the cameras taking usually between 125-175 pics depending on the location of the camera.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I agree that you don't have to spend $200 (or more) to get pictures of deer, etc. Having the scoutguard has made getting photos more fun. I have really enjoyed (and so do my kids and friends) the video feature on it, and plan on using it more often. While the IR light isn't quite as bright in photo mode as a flash (and the pictures are black and white) I don't believe that this buck would have stayed where he did for over 10 minutes if a flash had been going.
Sorry, couldn't get video to post.....

Quick Reply: Best 200 dollar camera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.