Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Bobcat, Porcipine, etc..  Moultre I-40, Stealth I-590 >

Bobcat, Porcipine, etc.. Moultre I-40, Stealth I-590

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bobcat, Porcipine, etc.. Moultre I-40, Stealth I-590

Old 11-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bobcat, Porcipine, etc.. Moultre I-40, Stealth I-590

I got plenty of pictures of deer in my last batch of pictures, and I may post those later but I thought I would dedicate this post to other critters.

Got my best picture of a bobcat to date. This one looks like it has some really good spots. I'm going to try to do some trapping this winter but not sure how successful I'll be. It sounds like the cats need a while to find a trap set and I generally can only leave them out a day or two tops.

This picture was pretty interesting. The porcipine was only there for 3 pictures and never seen again. I guess he figured he would try the corn out and see how it tasted.

The raccoons are getting fairly thick again as well. I'm planning on trapping them again as soon as their fur gets prime. Should be ready in a week or so. Texas furs aren't worth much, but I feel better selling them for a few bucks than just killing them and leaving them lay. I need to find a market for the meat, some trappers get more for the carcass than they get for the fur.

I really like my new Stealth I-590 camera. It cost $99 at Academy and the batteries seem to be holding up really well so far. The flash is VERY good and although the trigger is slow it doesn't seem to miss much and takes really good pictures. My Moultrie Gamespy 200's are what I have been running over my feeders and they seem to just fall asleep sometimes and go a few days without taking any pictures. I've even watched animals walking around right in front of them without causing them to trigger.

Here's some quail and squirrels that it picked up. It had several other pictures with just one small bird in the picture that apparently caused it to trigger. Good thing it can use a 4gb card and they are down under $10 in price now!

Seeing the porcipine made me start thinking of the amazing diversity of animals I've seen on the property since I bought it less than 2 years ago. Of course I've seen plenty of deer and pigs, also plenty of raccoons! Some other critters I've seen or gotten pictures of include a javelina, coyotes, bobcats, porcipine, skunks, rabbits, armadillos, and a badger. I think that's it for animals. I've also seen Turkey, quail, dove, cardinals, blue jays, hawks, owls, buzzards, and a bunch of other birds. Rattlesnakes, bull snakes, turtles. I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

Okay, I might post some deer and pig pictures in this thread or I might post them seperately but I think I'm going to bed now!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bobcat, Porcipine, etc.. Moultre I-40, Stealth I-590

nice pics. i just got my first bobcat pictures, kind of neat to see.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahahah the second picture is funny with the racoon hangin on the feeder!

Very good pics!