Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

4.0 IR Moultre

Old 06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default 4.0 IR Moultre

I've had the new 4.0 IR model in the woods for a week now and have gotten over 300 pics on it... Sweet right?
The pics of the deer are really nice.The other285are pics with nothing on them just the field. It looks like the camera just decides to take pictures at 1 minute intervals for an hour or more and then it would stop.. It did this every day the last week.There was nothing in the field to trip it.
I have is set for STILL photos, 3 in a series, and 1 min intervals.
Anyone experience anything like this? It was sunny out the whole week it looks like, so maybe the sun triggered it some how, but I doubt it. Kinda frustrated by it. Maybe a glitch? Maybe a squirrel climbing up and down the tree?? I don't get it.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Default RE: 4.0 IR Moultre

I have a regular Moultrie 4.0. The trigger is very sensitive on it. I have lots of squirrl's, birds,at my feeder. If I set the camera at 3 in a series, I'll max out my 128 card in a day and that's about 130 pics. So if you have the wind blowing weeds, grass, limbs, birds fling by, your going to get a lot of pics. I would maybe try a different location and also set it up for 1 pic at a time.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 4.0 IR Moultre

Had my i40 for about three wks and had no problems with it so far and I did have the same problem you did but it was my fault I had it on to small of a tree and the wind blew on it to hard.