Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

CUDDEBACKS

Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CUDDEBACKS

Anyone here have any experience with the Cuddeback Capture 3.0?

I have always used Stealth Cam. I started out using the 35mm ones and loved them. They took good pictures, and seemed to do good on batteries. When I made the switch to digital, I once again went with Stealth Cam. I couldn't be more disappointed. Trigger speed is SLOW, and if a deer is actually in the FOV at night, it isn't clear enough to see.

So I have decided that I want to up my end of it and get more for my money. I have always heard Cuddebacks are the cream of the crop, but I do not have any knowledge of them, nor do I know anyone around here that uses one.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CUDDEBACKS

I own 10 Cuddebacks now and two of them are the Capture 3.0. Pictures are fantastic on all of the Cuddebacks and the trigger time on the Capture is as good as on the previous two generations.

I have one hanging 10 feet from a trail and get full deer pictures as they cross in front of the camera. The other Capture is looking over two trails that cross out at 15 yards and I'm getting pictures from both trails, near and far.

For the price, you give up the frills of the video and password security modes but still get the core features of programmable digital stills.

Definately recommended purchase, just hard to find in the stores since they don't stay on the shelves long.

Good Luck
Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

IL BH,

I would suggest you log onto www.chasingame.com and see what they have to say about thecudde's and all other cameras. When you are ready to purchase a camera, a great person to deal with is Rich at www.trailcampro.com I have purchased Moultrie cams from him and I have never dealt with anyone more helpful. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have two cuddies one of which is a capture and like this one very much here are some pictures from it . It is on a trail that is only about 20 feet wide .

Old 11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry, no experience with the Cuddeback Capture yet. But I wanted to say that I have two of the Cuddeback Excite's, which was the last generation that the Capture just replaced, and I love them. The quality of the pictures and the ease of operation ensures that I'll buy the Cudde brand again in the near future.