Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Photo programs for dummies >

Photo programs for dummies

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Photo programs for dummies

Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Photo programs for dummies

Everyone....Anyone,

Can anybody splain to me about these different photo programs, ie. where do you get them and how do they work. I am having trouble trying to upload the photos from the desktop. Usually it will say; file to large. Is it easier to use one of the other photo programs? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim08
Old 09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Photo programs for dummies

Pastor

Do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? Most every computer comes with it. Select and open your photo (usually with just a double click because it is the default program). On the top toolbar you will see "edit pictures". Click on it. On the right a toolbar pops out. Almost all the way down on choices you will see "resize". Click on it. The large white empty box "there are 4 but it is the largest" click on the thing that looks like "v". A drop down menu appears and select "web large". Then just try to EXIT the program. It will ask do you want to save the new image. Click yes. Congrats you just resized to a perfect fit for this and just about all other web sites.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Photo programs for dummies

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

Everyone....Anyone,

Can anybody splain to me about these different photo programs, ie. where do you get them and how do they work. I am having trouble trying to upload the photos from the desktop. Usually it will say; file to large. Is it easier to use one of the other photo programs? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim08
What I do is upload the photos from your desktop to a image upload hoster so it resizes it and makes the file smaller.The ones I use are http://www.photobucket.com. Free registration. You can choose from all sorts of sizes, usually I go with 800x600 just because it fits good in a post.

To get them into a post, if you dont know already, click the image icon (the yellow one clear to the right), and insert the image'spath into there. (which it will tell you at the image on photobucket).