Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 thoughts on the wildview >

thoughts on the wildview

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

thoughts on the wildview

Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM

Default thoughts on the wildview

I had planned on getting a cuddeback capture this year, but with funds being low and after coming across the wildview on sale I decided to give it a try. I haven't set it out yet, but I messed around with it at home. The picture quality was good, but the trigger speed sucks. Did I waste $100?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: thoughts on the wildview

I was not satisfied with my Wildview and returned it to the store. Over half of the time it would miss whatever set the motion det off and the flash on mine stunk. The trigger speed is very slow. For $100 you cant beat the Moultrie or the Bushnell IR. I currently have both of them and they work great. I would love to spend a few hundred dollars on a top of the line camera, but just to many sticky fingers around my parts. I dont want to see any of them get stolen, but I'd rather lose $100 than $300.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

heo kyle,

There are severalways to overcome slow trigger speed. For instance, you can place the camera to point up or down the trail instead of across it. You can place some sort of food or mineral out in order to make the animal linger or you can set the unit a little farther back from the trail in order that the animal is in the detection zone for a longer period of time. Think of the sensor on the unit as a cone, the further away from the camera, the wider the cone of detection. Of course you will need to figure out the effective range of your camera in order to do this. Remember, the range is affected by the temperature. the hotter the temp, the less sensitive the camera will be. That being said, I have to agree with huntingtherut and say you can't go wrong with a Moultrie D-40 and it's in the $100 range. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-15-2008, 07:23 AM

I had the wildview for 2 years and got good quality pics, no lie! The only problem i had with this camera was the battery life! Just be confident with your camera, it will do the job!