Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 trail camera security >

trail camera security

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trail camera security

Old 09-23-2007, 02:41 PM

Default trail camera security

Well me and my dad placed a trail camera were we got permission to hunt when we got down there seemed like noone had been down there in a long time...So we set up are camera a gamespyd40 and well we leave it for 3 days when we get back the memory card is gone[:'(] which made both of us mad since are bait has been getting eaten.. well so we go back thinking we got a picture of the culprit and we do.Almost all of his face and everything but it brigns me up to my question what do u guys do to make sure ur camera doesn't get stolen.this is the camera also anyonne have a better way to mount it ours came with 2 bungie cords which makes it hard to secure place.
thanks bt
Old 09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail camera security

i just use the bungee cords and try to set it up in a secluded area. even if you put a cable and lock on it, you're only keeping an honest man honest.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well I just put my D-40 back up after I broke one of the mounting holes off the outer box . What I did was drill through the top of the outer case behind the locking pins , I put 2 sheet rock screws into a wood block ,and drilled holes for some much stronger bungee cords ( Truck type ) . You could also mount the camera with screws through the wood into the tree . Also put a lock through the lock bracket between the latches .
Charlie
Old 09-24-2007, 06:44 PM

i saw this on ebay a month or so ago. it doesnt look hard to make and i believe he was selling this for 30 bucks plus shipping. looks like it would work pretty good.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cat_crazy

i saw this on ebay a month or so ago. it doesnt look hard to make and i believe he was selling this for 30 bucks plus shipping. looks like it would work pretty good.
i do like that idea but where i hunt on public land, it's against the law to screw or drill anything into any tree.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

Ok tomorrow as in friday when i go check out my area for deer ill finally take some shots of my homemde case for my camera. besides i have to put it out to see what i have for deer there now.