Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security? >

Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security?

hey, For bear hunting I've been hunting with the "cheaper" ladder stands and ground blinds so i didnt really worry about them getting stolen. I bought i really ladderstand this year and a ground blind and think of using a trail cam when i set my baits. What do you think the best way to secure them for the 3 weeks or so they will be sitting on public land? Cable lock, ground stake, chain to the tree? thanx!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security?

In my area protecting from thieves is not a big problem but rather protecting from bears. I had a bear 2 years ago rip my camera off of a tree and shear the tree screw right off in the camera. He never ate the camera up and it still works but i learnt my lesson. Put the camera in a metal box of some type like a fuse panel box or something so they can't get at it. Sure they might rip it off but at least they can't really damage it too severly. I seen on the cuddeback website they sell these boxes but i am sure you could fix something up pretty quick if you can get your hands on a welder.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 PM

Default RE: Treestand, trail cam and ground blind security?

ORIGINAL: MB.prostaff.bgcalls

hey, For bear hunting I've been hunting with the "cheaper" ladder stands and ground blinds so i didnt really worry about them getting stolen. I bought i really ladderstand this year and a ground blind and think of using a trail cam when i set my baits. What do you think the best way to secure them for the 3 weeks or so they will be sitting on public land? Cable lock, ground stake, chain to the tree? thanx!
I am not sure what the laws are regarding leaving stands. blinds, etc... on public land is like where you are from but in MN it makes it fair game to anyone that wants to take it or wreck it, as you can not leave these things from one day to the next,by law. I would be worried someone is going to wreck your stuff?