Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback Customer Service >

Cuddeback Customer Service

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Customer Service

Old 07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cuddeback Customer Service

So last year I bought a 2.0 MP Cuddeback Excite. It showed up, I picked up a few CF cards for it and some batteries, and I was set to go put it out in the woods, but wanted to run a few tests at home first. As my luck would have it, the camera triggered beautifully but only 1 out of every 30 times it would actually write the image onto the card. It would say there were 30 pictures there, but in reality there was only one. I tried three different brands of CF cards before I just gave up and called it quits. The camera sat on the desk for the rest of the fall and winter, as it made a good paperweight.

A few weeks ago I decided I wasn't happy with my $300 paperweight and wanted to do something about it, so I hopped on Cuddebacks's site and ran through some of their online troubleshooting. None of it worked, so I filled out the online RMA form, packaged it up, and away she went the next day.

Two weeks later a package shows up in the mail with my camera, and a note inside saying they replaced the main circuit board free of charge. So I plugged some new Energizers in it, stuck a card in, and away I went with my testing.

So far, so good. It's snapped a bunch of photos of people walking around the office with no problem. They're a bit blurry, but they're acceptable.

This weekend I'm going to put it out in the woods and see how she does.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback Customer Service

Good luck and I hope your camera works. I've had pretty good support from Cuddeback service. I've sent mine in twice and had to pay for only shipping both times.

If I had one complaint on the customer service it would be that its hard to reach someone. The line is busy alot. Maybe they should get a couple of extra lines into that place to help out customers.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've decided that unless I have a serious problem, I don't really need to talk to anyone. I'd rather fill out on online form at midnight while I'm surfing the web, send it in, and forget about it. Sometimes talking to someone is more of a pain than it's worth. Although like many things in life, sometimes it's necessary.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 PM

I wish they still produced the old 3.0 cuddebacks and then you wouldn't have this problem. They went and screwed things up pretty good w/ their new ones as far as i am concerned. I constantly am hearing how someone had to send theirs back in to get fixed. And it's not just one problem it's a whole bunch. Their tech support office must really be a full time job.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM

My buddies Cudde was doing the same thing.....Same results as you, sent it in and they had it back to him quick fast and in a hurry......All he paid was shipping back to them.

Now let's see some of those Garden Prairie giants you've got roaming those woods....>That is, if the skeeters haven't killed them all...