Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 New moultire i-40 vs cudde no flash >

New moultire i-40 vs cudde no flash

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New moultire i-40 vs cudde no flash

Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Default New moultire i-40 vs cudde no flash

So I have been reading alot of hoopla about the new moultrie i-40 on here and how great it is. Now of course it looks like they have a few kinks to work out but other than that they seem to be a great camera from the reviews i have read.
My question is how do think it compares to the cudde no flash? Quality of pics, consistency, battery life, and usablity?

I have the option to buy the cuddes cheap and not that much more than the I-40's but when you buy 3-4 it might mean an extra moultrie compared to the cudde.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New moultire i-40 vs cudde no flash

I'd say do it, if you can save money and have just as good a camera why not, I heard the cuddies have had alot of problems lately anyway, unless they have resolved that!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Yeah, I guess I have heard of problems from both. It's just when i research both I see really good pics from both and then I see some bad fuzzy ones too. I don't know whether it's because of the IR feature that this will inherently happen or just the makers. I just always hear some guys who really like one or the other and then others that hate them. I guess I have just researched them so much that I have confused myself as to what is good.

Does anyone have some bigger really good pics w/ both the i-40 and no flash cudde to compare. Maybe even bad ones to compare too.

I'll see what I can find.

Also another good question for you guys between the two cameras on avg. out of 10 pics how many would be bad?

Thanks guys,
TT
Old 07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go here http://www.chasingame.com/they have pictures for you to compare.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres something to think about from Anthony: (the one who tests the cameras)

Our old cudde cams were our standard and we felt they could not be beat but by accident when we placed it side by side with another camera and the other camera took twice as many pictures it really opened our eyes and led to more in depth testing which showed that all cudde cams are lacking when it comes to sensing and we feel that it is due to their choice of useing a narrow PIR sensing cone. If the PIR sensor is only looking at 20 degrees and the camera lense is looking at 45 degrees and the target animal does not enter that narrow PIR sensing cone then the picture is not taken. The Cudde comercial is all about trigger time not sensing. Most other cameras have a 45 degree sensing cone which matches its camera lens. We were told that the reason that cudde has chosen to use the narrow PIR sensor is they want to center the animal in the picture. If the cameras sensor does not see the target animal then the picture will not be taken.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

with my i40 I had around a 100 pics and only 2 were bad and that was my fault where I placed the cam.