Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Remote trail cams >

Remote trail cams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Remote trail cams

Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remote trail cams

Anyone ever seen one?They send the pics right to your computer from the sight and you can run multiple transmitters at the same time.Ive only herd of them.Sounds like a nifty gadjet.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remote trail cams

its not worth it if u think about it u still gotta go out there and change the batteries and how far can it transmit
Old 04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im good if i can get 3 miles,i realy dont know much about them but they all take batteries(except the solar ones)and if someone thinks they can steal one,you have there picture at the house or truck before they even touch it.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

yea thats true but lazy id rather just go get the cam everyone other week and check it 0nce a week atleast to make sure its still there but i liek the fact that u can jus see what u got on ur comp i might like it better if it was like a video cam and u could just watch it all night or when ever u want
Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 AM

its called buckeye cam sends signal threw cellphone towers runs on 12 volt battery with a solor charger battery should last at least a year. or try agcams, they take video day and night and can send it to a moniter or video recorder 8 mi. away. so by NOT checking it every week the deer don't know your watching
Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now your talkin,Thanks T.H.!!!!! Now that doesnt sound like a bad unit.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TROPHYHUNTER25

its called buckeye cam sends signal threw cellphone towers runs on 12 volt battery with a solor charger battery should last at least a year. or try agcams, they take video day and night and can send it to a moniter or video recorder 8 mi. away. so by NOT checking it every week the deer don't know your watching
THe cost of running these are expensive. You will need to have a cell phone package and then you would need to have the camera set up in an area where you have cell phone reception (not all areas wheere you hunt will have reception, at least in my area). Also, the idea of these repmote cameras is for areas that are not that accessable to get to, but you would need to use a 12V battery (I understand you needa large 12v for the long battery life) and carry the camera and battery, solar pannel, locking device all that distance. For me the cost is not worth it.

My understanding is that there is another system of a remote camera (do not know too much about it yet) which uses wireless transmitters to transmit your pictures. The range and battery life is not that good, but is susposed to be good near a cabin or home with hydro. They claim the range is close to 100 yards and the receiver will signals from more then one camera.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are a ton of help! as we work with these new systems, new stuff will keep coming out better and better.Thanks a bunch!I use stuff like this for security if needed sometimes.and its nice for coyotes and other big hairy animals that eat sheep and calves.Its nice to know just what your working with to offer a fast solution.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I think it is a great idea but immagine the price...your looking at alot of $$ for one of them. i enjoy walking out and seeeing what i have anyway
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hoytteen is correct that the cell phone models are expensive and could posibly have restrictions do to sell phone service areas. But the concept is cool.

But I personally think that the future in tail cams will be the DVR's (digital video recorders). I do not understand the electronics on these, but it is reported that they can work as wireless or hard wired to the recorder. If wireless, your recorder can maintain more then one camera. In the uture, I can see one reorder set up in an easy acces point and operate different cameras and you would not need to go to the actual camera location to retrieve the pictures. People are working on building their own DVR systems now for trail cams but they have been in use in cars and motorcycles for years. It is coming, but when, I could not answer that. I have been told that right now with a hard wired DVR, with a good quality camera (night-IR and day- colour), the cost would be close to the $300-400 to make it yourself.

The thing is, just like this cell phone trail cam systems, not everything will suit the needs for evveryone. Cost, dependability, quality of pics ect. are all major features that trail cam users think about. That is why mostt of us have stopped using the 35mm cams (cost of developing), but they still take great pics and have abouut the best trigger time on the market.