Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

leaf river ir

Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 PM

Default leaf river ir

i have covered this subject before, but was wondering if anybody has been having any problems with the ir leaf river since then, or have they been running great? which do you think would be a better choice for an ir the stealth wd2 1230 ir or leaf river ir 3bu? i would like better picture quality, but i do want an ir camera. how are the leaf rivers without the slave flash? and are the leaf rivers easy to setup?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default RE: leaf river ir

Hi
I just bought the leaf river IR and dont like it. The pictures are clear around the subject but the subject itself is blurry if moving ,but if standing still it take great pictures. But as we all know deer are not going to stand still every time when walking down a trail. Maybe at a lick. Very Very Blurry. Easy to use though. If it wasnt so blurry on a moving subject It would be a Great cam. If anyone knows how to get it too be not so Blurry with out makeing the Deer stop Please let me know.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: leaf river ir

Since it doesn't seem many folks want to jump in on this one I guess I might as well.

I have the Leaf River IR and have also used two of the regular flash Leaf Rivers but I have only used the StealthCam WD3 which is regular flash so I do not have any experience with the StealthCam IR. As a matter of fact the Leaf River IR and the StealthCam WD3 are both sitting here on the floor next to me. They're close to me and not in the woods because their picture quality and dependability is not good enough for me to bother putting them out right now. When all of my food plots are green I'll put them out but for now the good cameras that I have cover all that I need to watch. Please feel free to read between the lines.

All that being said, if I only had those two cams to choose from I would get the Leaf River. Overall, when I compare the two brands the Leaf River is slightly better.