Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Leaf River

Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Leaf River

Any body had any experience with these cameras?? I bought one today at Cabelas for $120 in their 50% off tent sale.
This is the model:
http://www.myleafriver.com/html/dc2bu.html

Righty
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leaf River

I dont have any experience with the leaf river but where at in Ohio are you located?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Spike

I've got the DC2BU & I hate it for the most part. Trigger time is very slow. Others are having good luck with 'em so......all in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

They do have a slow trigger, around 8 seconds, but if you set them near a mineral lick or food source where the animals are going to stop than you'll get some great images. Other than a slower trigger they are excellent cams. You won't find a cam any easier to set up and operate and the battery life is THE best of ANY digital cam I've ever tried. I've had 3 LR DC-2's and 2 LR DC-6SS models and they have all worked great in ANY weather.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the LR digital also the DC2BU the one with the viewing screen. Like cornfed does have a little slow trigger speed but other than that they are good cameras the battery life is outstanding.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:26 PM

I am located in NorthWest Ohio. I just set up the camera today so hopefully I will get some shots to post.
Righty
Old 07-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have not used them but for 120 bucks you cant go wrong.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whoaaaa. They look like they take some great pictures, but an 8 second trigger time!!! I thought my Moultries 2 second trigger was extremely slow. I guess the quality makes up for it though.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually the slower trigger time is pretty typical for a lot of the digis on the market, especially all the cheaper models. I know I've had the chance to own and test dozens of different trail cams and everyone from Stealth to Moultrie have been extremely slow. Remember, only the NEW '07 Moultries have a faster trigger time. Cuddebacks are fast as well as my Cam Trakker units. I'm seriously thinking about buying one of the newer Moultires just to see how fast they really are and what image quality I'll get with them. I'd also like to try one of their new IR models, the images I've seen have been impressive.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 PM

Great Pictures! I own one older moultrie camera, which takes great pictures but has a slower trigger speed, and i also own to wildview camerasm which has a fast trigger speed but it doesnt take the best pictures in the world..

Quick Reply: Leaf River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.